National Productivity Investment Fund
In October the Strategic Infrastructure and Highways team were successful in obtaining £8.5 million worth of funding from the National Productivity and Investment Fund. This is for key highways infrastructure projects which provide improvements to Cheshire East’s road network, helping Cheshire East Council continue to achieve strategic goals.
- £3.5million for Macclesfield Movement Strategy phase one, a series of improved junctions and roads in Macclesfield (Silk Road / Hibel Road junction) and support for a new housing development.
- and £5million for a package of work within North West Crewe which provide capacity enhancements from A530 into Crewe centre, and the development of areas for housing sites.
The details of the bids, which were submitted to the Department For Transport on Friday 30 June 2017 are listed below.
As summarised in our application form, the bid will enable the project to add capacity to a single critical ‘pinch-point’ on the highway network which maximises the efficient use of existing road space. The project is located within Macclesfield and will replace an existing roundabout with a large traffic signalled junction, adding capacity and equalising the balance of traffic flows.
In addition to this, the measures will improve air quality in Macclesfield and unlock opportunities to significantly enhance the attractiveness of the town as a key service centre for the eastern part of the Cheshire Science Corridor.
The bid included the below appendices.
- appendix A – Scheme Design Plan (PDF, 370KB)
- appendix B – Location Map (PDF, 1.8MB)
- appendix C – Support Letters, including LEP and MP (PDF, 945KB)
- appendix D – Local Plan Highway Impact Report (Paramics Report) (PDF, 8.2MB)
- appendix E – Local Model Validation Report (PDF, 2.9MB)
- appendix F – Scheme Estimate (PDF, 21KB)
- appendix G – Project Impacts Pro-forma (PDF, 13KB)
- appendix H – Appraisal Summary Table (PDF, 83KB)
- appendix I – Programme (PDF, 181KB)
- appendix J – Risk Register (PDF, 256KB)