Assets and Facilities
The Asset Facilities Team has day-to-day involvement in the management of the Councils land and property portfolio. This includes office buildings, industrial land and units, development and amenity land. This substantial property portfolio is held solely to provide services and amenities to the people and communities of Cheshire East.
Property Services advise the Council on property management and valuation issues.
Their main duties are to:-
- Negotiate terms for the acquisition and disposal of land to ensure that the Council receives the best consideration possible (under section 123 Local Government Act 1972)
- Liaise with developers of large scale developments to protect the Council’s interest
- Work with other Authorities on the joint development of employment sites
- Manage, market and let the Council owned properties
- Negotiate rent reviews and lease renewals for the Council’s properties
- Be the custodian of the property information and management system
- Work with planning officers to advise on employment land allocations and planning applications
Page last reviewed: 06 August 2021
Thank you for your feedback.