Car park regulations and conditions of use
Payment-related regulations are enforceable during charging hours (check car parks in Cheshire East for individual car park details). Other regulations and conditions of use are normally enforceable at all times.
Where you need to pay, you must pay as soon as you park. You cannot leave the car park to get change for the ticket machine or before you buy a parking session using a phone app.
1. Car park regulations
If you contravene any of the following you may get a penalty charge notice:
- at the time of parking all parked vehicles must either display a valid fee paid ticket or have purchased a valid pay by phone session
- vehicles must be parked wholly within a marked bay (large vehicles/motorhomes which occupy more than 1 bay must display a pay and display ticket for each bay occupied)
- tickets are non-transferable between vehicles and car parks
- disabled spaces are reserved for Blue Badge Holders only
- Blue Badges must be displayed in accordance with guidelines given in the scheme booklet
- return of a vehicle to a car park within one hour after expiry of its ticket is prohibited
- no parking is permitted in reserved bays/reserved parking places without a valid permit
Contraventions of these regulations are enforceable under Traffic Management Act 2004 as contained in our Off Street Parking Place Orders.
2. Car park conditions of use
Enforceable at all times.
If you contravene any of the following conditions of use either we or the police can take the relevant legal action against you:
- only motor cars, motor cycles, other motor vehicles not exceeding 3.5 tonnes, invalid carriages and disabled persons vehicles are permitted to park
- all parked vehicles must be licensed and insured
- drivers are required to stop the engine once the vehicle is in position in the parking place
- no person shall shout or otherwise make any loud noise to the disturbance of users of the car park or residents in the neighbourhood
- no person shall in the parking place use any threatening, abusive or insulting language, gesture or conduct with intent to put a person at fear or so as to occasion a breach of the peace or whereby a breach of the peace is likely to be considered
- no person shall use the parking place as a means of passage from one road to another road
- no person shall erect a tent, booth, stand, building or other structure in the car park without the Council’s written consent
- no person shall cause or permit to be lit any fire
- no person shall use any vehicle parked in the car park in connection with the sale of any article or the sale of any skills or services
- no person shall use the car park for sleeping, camping, cooking or eating or for servicing or washing any vehicle (except where necessary to enable such a vehicle to depart from the parking place)
- no unnecessary sounding of any horn of any vehicle or similar instrument is to be made in the car park
- markings indicating entrance and exit and direction of traffic should be adhered to
Page last reviewed: 11 August 2021
Thank you for your feedback.