Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
If you provide your email address when applying, you will be able to upload evidence, pay for your Blue Badge online and receive updates via email.
Any updates we send via a secure email will be sent using Egress. This is to ensure your personal information is kept secure.
You will need:
- proof of your identity
- proof of your address
- a passport style photograph
- proof of your qualifying condition
You can upload your evidence as part of the online application.
After your application:
Eligible applicants will be asked to pay £10 for the badge. You can have your photo taken for free at the library.
Please allow up to 5 weeks from making your successful application to receiving your Blue Badge.
If you are renewing your badge, please do not return your existing badge until after the expiry date.
Apply for or renew a Blue Badge now
Evidence to support your application
Proof of your identity
We require 1 of the following proofs of identity
- valid driving licence with the applicant's name and current address
- valid passport with the applicant’s name and passport number
- birth certificate
- marriage certificate/ divorce certificate
- civil partnership/dissolution certificate
- adoption certificate
Proof of your address
We require proof of your address. You cannot use your proof of identification as proof of address but you can use:
- a current Council Tax bill
- a valid driving licence
- a welfare benefit award letter dated within the last 12 months (for example DLA, PIP letter, Government agency letter)
- a current utility bill
If you have moved house in the last 3 years and your Blue Badge was issued by a Council other than Cheshire East, you should contact the council who issued the badge to tell them your new address.
You will need to provide a passport sized photo that has been taken within the last month. You can have your photo taken for free at the library. Examples of acceptable photographs can be found on the GOV.UK website.
Proof of your qualifying condition
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - A letter from the Department for Works and Pensions (DWP) confirming you are in receipt of PIP and you are eligible through the ‘Moving Around’ mobility component. If you have lost this letter you can telephone the DWP on 0345 850 3322 for a replacement.
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Higher Rate Mobility Component - A letter from the DWP confirming you are in receipt of DLA higher rate mobility component, showing the expiry date. If you have lost this letter you can telephone the DWP on 03457 123 456 for a replacement.
- War Pension or Armed Forces Compensation Scheme - A letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) confirming your War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement or Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme payment. If you have lost this letter you can telephone the SPVA on 0800 169 2277 for a replacement.
- Registered Blind or Severely Sight Impaired - If you are registered blind, please provide a Certificate of Visual Impairment, signed by a consultant ophthalmologist.
- Children Under Three - For a child under the age of three, please provide a pediatrician’s letter outlining your child’s medical condition and any special equipment they need to use