Bulky household waste collection
Arranging a collection
You can take items which are too big or bulky for your bin to a household waste and recycling centre. Please note that If you arrive at site with a van, pickup, commercial type 4x4 or a trailer over 1.5 metres (internal length) you will need a household waste permit before you can use the centre.
Alternatively, for a fee, we can collect certain items, for example furniture via our charity partner, St. Paul’s Centre. St. Paul’s Centre will collect unwanted furniture and household appliances throughout Cheshire East and make quality items available for reuse. You can make unlimited requests for collections through the year. View our list of items we wont collect.
To arrange a bulky collection please call 0300 123 5011
Cost of collections
You pay in advance for a bulky household waste collection and the cost is non-refundable. The cost of the collection will depend on the number of items. For example, a table and 4 chairs counts as 5 items and cost £80 to be collected, a bed base and mattress will count as 2 separate items and cost £40 to be collected.
Bulky waste collection costs
|Number of Items||Cost|
|1 - 3
|4 - 6
How to pay for a collection
You can pay over the phone by credit or debit card on 0300 123 5011.
The collection will take place within 10 working days of your payment.
Qualifying benefit reductions
There could be a reduction in the cost if you get one of the following qualifying benefits:
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit – not single resident
- Guaranteed Pension Credits
- Universal Credit
We may check you get the benefit if you request a reduction.
Where to leave your bulky items for collection
Our charity partner will make the collection and try to find new homes for any items which can be reused.
Reusable items may include:
- reusable soft furnishings (must have a Fire Label)
- electrical items that are working or can be easily repaired
- good quality household furniture
Keep reusable items inside to protect them from adverse weather conditions that may damage them.
Non-reusable items may include:
- soft furnishings (without a fire label)
- electrical items damaged beyond repair
- broken/worn out or heavily soiled furniture
You can leave non-reusable items outside of your property on the day of collection. Any absorbent materials or items such as carpets, mattresses, bed bases and settees must be dry or they may be too heavy to be taken.
If you are unable to leave items outside your property, contact us and we’ll arrange to collect the items from within your property.
Bulky household waste we don’t collect
We are unable to collect the following items:
- fridges or freezers containing food
- garden waste
- rolls of carpet that will not fold to less than ten feet long
- gas canisters
- garage doors
- car parts
- trade waste
- paint, oil, solvents or similar liquids
- any waste presented in a black sack
- rubble, building and DIY waste including bathroom suites and furniture, fixtures and fittings
- hazardous waste such as asbestos or corrosive, flammable, explosive or toxic substances
- any large or heavy items that cannot be carried by 2 people