The Schools' Forum
The Schools Forum is a statutory body made of up of schools and non-schools members. Local Authorities are obliged to consult their Schools Forums annually in respect of issues relating to the schools budget, specifically in connection with the following:
- arrangements for the education of pupils with special educational needs
- arrangements for the use of pupil referral units and the education of children otherwise than at school
- arrangements for early years provision
- administrative arrangements for the allocation of central government grants paid to schools via the authority
The DfE has published a guide on the role of the Schools' Forum.
Result of election of Maintained Primary Governor representative to the Schools’ Forum, October 2017
Election Result - Maintained School Governor Representative (PDF, 187KB)
Schools' Forum reference documents
Schools block funding 2018/19
The results of applying the Cheshire East local formula to the updated pupil numbers and characteristics from October 2017.
These should be used by schools as the basis for their Schools Block funding for 2018/19.
These figures were agreed by Cheshire East Cabinet on 6 February 2018.
Schools budget consultation November 2017
Supporting material for the consultation on the local formula to allocate funding to schools for 2018/19.
The survey closed on 30 November 2017.
Models used for consultation (based on 2017/18 pupil data)
The next meeting of the Schools’ Forum
The next meeting of the Schools’ Forum is on Thursday 4 October 2018 at 16.30 and will be held at Holmes Chapel Community Centre.
While this is a public meeting, members of the public wishing to attend are asked to inform the forum clerk in advance to ensure there is sufficient accommodation.
Future meetings of the Schools' Forum
The future meetings for 2018-19 are scheduled as follows:-
- Thursday 4 October 2018 – 16.30 at Holmes Chapel Community Centre
- Thursday 6 December 2018 – 16.30 at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School
- Thursday 7 February 2018 – 16.30 at Holmes Chapel Community Centre
- Thursday 13 June 2018 – 16.30 at Holmes Chapel Community Centre
The associated papers for each meeting will be published at least 5 days before the meeting.
Agendas and minutes of previous meetings can be accessed below: