The Schools' Forum
The Schools Forum is a statutory body made of up of schools and non-schools members. Local Authorities are obliged to consult their Schools Forums annually in respect of issues relating to the schools budget, specifically in connection with the following:
- arrangements for the education of pupils with special educational needs
- arrangements for the use of pupil referral units and the education of children otherwise than at school
- arrangements for early years provision
- administrative arrangements for the allocation of central government grants paid to schools via the authority
The DfE has published a guide on the role of the Schools' Forum.
Pre-budget consultation report
The council is to consult on the Pre-Budget Consultation Report 2019-2022
Result of election of Maintained Primary Governor representative to the Schools’ Forum, October 2017
Election Result - Maintained School Governor Representative (PDF, 187KB)
Schools' Forum reference documents
Schools Block Funding Formula 2019/20
The Schools Forum recommendation of retaining a local formula and achieving the minimum per pupil funding levels has been achieved. The resulting schools funding list (MS Excel, 114KB) is provisional as the formula will be considered by Cabinet on 5 February 2019.
Schools block provisional modelling for 2019/20
The consultation for the 2019/20 formula closed on 26 November 2018.
Two briefing sessions have been held to help schools with completion of the consultation. Slides from the briefing sessions (PDF, 512KB)
Provisional formula models being reported to 4th October 2018 meeting (based on October 2017 pupil data)
Formula factors for these models
Schools block additional provisional modelling for 2019/20
To help the meeting on 6 December 2018 these are models where:
The next meeting of the Schools’ Forum
The next meeting of the Schools’ Forum is on Thursday 7 February 2019 at 16.30 and will be held at Holmes Chapel Community school.
Agenda and pack of papers for the meeting:
While this is a public meeting, members of the public wishing to attend are asked to inform the forum clerk in advance to ensure there is sufficient accommodation.
Future meetings of the Schools' Forum
The future meetings for 2018-19 are scheduled as follows:-
- Thursday 7 February 2019 – 16.30 at Holmes Chapel Community Centre
- Thursday 28March 2019 – 16.30 at Holmes Chapel Community Centre
- Thursday 13 June 2019 – 16.30 at Holmes Chapel Community Centre
The associated papers for each meeting will be published at least 5 days before the meeting.
Agendas and minutes of previous meetings can be accessed below: