Spring and Summer term
The Spring and Summer term Governor Training Programme (PDF, 1MB) is now available and includes three revised Induction modules which cover the knowledge aspects of the 2017 ‘Competency Framework for Governance’.
The three Induction modules are also suitable for governors seeking refresher training and comprise of:
- What is “Effective Governance”?
- The Strategic Role of the Governing Board
- The Governors’ Role in Monitoring, Supporting and Challenging
You can Book Your Training Online or by emailing the School Governance Team.
Courses in the central programme are free of charge to school and academies who have purchased Governor Support, Training and Development via ChESS . For non-purchasing schools, charges are as follows: £185 per delegate per full day session; £100 per delegate per half day or evening session (discounts available on request for multiple bookings from a single school). Additional courses may be added during the term for which a charge will apply. Discounts for these additional courses will apply for subscribing schools.
Cancellation/non attendance fees for all training courses:
- Half day/Evening courses - Cancellation fee (only applicable for cancellations received less than seven calendar days before the course): £20 per place. Non-attendance fee for all courses: £100.
- Full day courses (lunch provided) - cancellation fee (only applicable for cancellations received less than seven calendar days before the course): £20 per place. Non-attendance fee for all courses: £185.
Bespoke sessions and governing body reviews may also be arranged on request. Additional charges apply for these. Please contact us for further information.