Live Well Cheshire East home page
Welcome to the School Governor Pages
- The briefing for the Director of Children's Services' Report to School Governing Boards will take place on Wednesday 8 May 2019 at Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School, Selkirk Drive, Holmes Chapel CW4 7DX; 6.30pm – 8pm. Please note, this is a change of date from Thursday 2nd May 2019 due to local elections. Refreshments will be available from 6.00pm. To reserve a place, please contact email@example.com
- The annual Governors’ Conference will take place on Friday 11 October 2019 at Cranage Hall 9am – 3.30pm. Please note the date – further details to follow.
Governor Training Programme for 18/19
The Governor training programme for 18/19 (PDF, 681KB) is now available. It includes three revised Induction modules which will cover the knowledge aspects of the 2017 ‘Competency Framework for Governance’.
To book a place on any of the courses in the programme, please complete the governor training booking form.
For further details, please visit the Governor Training page.
'Cheshire East Annual Governors' Conference 2018'
The Cheshire East Annual Governors’ Conference took place on Friday 5 October 2018 at Cranage Hall and, once again, received positive feedback.
The presentations from the day are available below:
- Jacky Forster, Director of Education & 14-19 Skills (PDF, 1MB)
- Dave Harris, Independent Thinking, Brave Governance (PDF, 3MB)
- Christine Quinn, Regional Schools’ Commissioner (PDF, 1MB)
- Helen O’Neill, HMI, Ofsted EIF (PDF, 3MB)
School governor resources
The DfE Governance Handbook
The Handbook provides information about the role and legal duties of Governing Boards in maintained schools and academies (including free schools).
The DfE Governance Handbook (republished January 2017).