Modern Governor - E-Learning for School Governors
All Cheshire East governors whose schools purchase the Governor Training and Development School Business Support Agreement have full access to Modern Governor e-learning modules as part of that agreement.
Access to Modern Governor for Cheshire East and Halton governors is now via the Modern Governor website.
Modern Governor modules are easy to access and cover a wide range of topics in an interesting and interactive way. The modules are broken down into approximately twenty minute 'chunks' which can be accessed at your own convenience.
There are a large number of modules available including:
- Introduction to Governance: Module One
- Introduction to Governance: Module Two
- Governing Board Meetings
- The Role of the Clerk
- The Role of the Chair
- Headteacher Recruitment
- Financial Management for Governors
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development
- Helping Headteachers Get the Best Out of Their Governing Board
- Governors Responsibility for Careers Guidance
- School Governors and Social Media
- Academy Governance
- Converting to Academy Status
- Church Schools
- Safeguarding and School Governance
- Special Educational Needs
- Pupil Premium
- An Introduction to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Information Security
Please access the modules and feed your comments back to the School Governance Team.
How do I register with Modern Governor for the first time?
If this is your first time logging on to 'Modern Governor' follow these steps to register and access courses:
- Follow this link to the Modern Governor site.
- Click on “create new account” in the 'log in' box on the right-hand side of the screen
- Complete the registration form - choose a memorable username and password and select 'Cheshire East' or 'Halton' and then your school from the drop down menus.
Once you have submitted your details, the system will send a confirmation email to the email address you registered with. Open your email account and click on the embedded link within the email to confirm your account. This will take you back to the Modern Governor website where you can log in with your chosen username and password.
If you do not receive your confirmation email please first check your junk mail or spam folder, then email learning pool support for further assistance.
Who do I contact if I have problems accessing the courses?
Email learning pool support or telephone 0845 0744 114