Modern Governor - E-Learning for School Governors
All Cheshire East governors whose schools purchase the Governor Training and Development School Business Support Agreement have full access to Modern Governor e-learning modules as part of that agreement.
Access to Modern Governor for governors of subscribing schools is now via GovernorHub
Modern Governor modules are easy to access and cover a wide range of topics in an interesting and interactive way. The modules are broken down into approximately twenty minute 'chunks' which can be accessed at your own convenience.
There are a large number of modules available including:
- Introduction to Governance: Module One
- Introduction to Governance: Module Two
- Governing Board Meetings
- The Role of the Clerk
- The Role of the Chair
- Headteacher Recruitment
- Financial Management for Governors
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development
- Helping Headteachers Get the Best Out of Their Governing Board
- Governors Responsibility for Careers Guidance
- School Governors and Social Media
- Academy Governance
- Converting to Academy Status
- Church Schools
- Safeguarding and School Governance
- Special Educational Needs
- Pupil Premium
- An Introduction to Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Information Security
Please access the modules and feed your comments back to the School Governance Team.
How do I register with Modern Governor for the first time?
You will now need to use a GovernorHub account to login to Modern Governor.
If you already have a GovernorHub account and your school or academy has a Modern Governor subscription, then login using your GovernorHub username (an email address) and password. The modules can be found under Training.
If you do not have a GovernorHub account, please email email@example.com and an email will be sent to you inviting you to join.
Who do I contact if I have problems accessing the courses?