Poynton High School’s transport page
The PHS 1 - 6 Bus Service Booklet (PDF, 587KB) bus services serving Poynton High School.
Our travel arrangements are proving to be very popular and we are processing a large number of Travel Ticket applications.
Students will be sent a travel ticket ready to show to the driver when boarding the bus, as long as they have applied and paid for travel.
Details of pick up points/drop off points and times for all routes will be sent to you with your child’s travel ticket.
The timetables, routes, pick-up points and a map of the relevant area are included in the booklet and also a list of frequently asked questions provided by Transport Service Solutions, who are managing the transport on behalf of Poynton High School. Transport Service Solutions also manage public and school transport for Cheshire East Council.
Students travelling on these buses must have a travel ticket. Bus pass checks will be carried out throughout the school year.
If you have any questions you can contact Transport Service Solutions on 0300 123 5012 and ask for Poynton High School Transport or email: email@example.com
If you choose to use the new Poynton High School buses PHS 1 - 6 then you need to apply for transport by clicking on the following links and completing the online forms:
Paying for your travel ticket
Cost of the travel ticket
The costs for 2019 / 2020 are:
- nothing if your child is eligible for assisted transport
- £250 for term 1 or £125 per half a term
- £250 for term 2 or £125 per half a term
- £200 for term 3 or £100 per half a term
- £700 per year
This is the equivalent of £3.68 per day.
Benefits of having a travel ticket
- before your child travels, you can pay for all their school bus fares
- finding the correct bus fare every day will no longer be necessary
- passengers can board the bus more quickly, keeping buses on time