Supplementary Planning Guidance notes
The following Supplementary Planning Guidance notes have been adopted by predecessor Councils and are material considerations in determining planning applications. Please note that these adopted Supplementary Planning Guidance notes only relate to the geographic area previously covered by the Council that adopted them.
Supplementary Planning Guidance notes adopted by the former Congleton Borough Council:
- Telecommunications Development (PDF, 59KB) (adopted July 2004)
- Public Open Space (PDF, 83KB) (adopted October 2003) and Interim Policy Note: Public Open Space Provision for New Developments (PDF, 189KB) which was adopted in September 2008 and updates the 2003 Supplementary Planning Guidance.
- ERF Site, Sandbach (PDF, 5MB) (adopted September 1999)
- Cranage Hall (PDF, 2.6MB) (adopted September 1996)
- Shop Front Security (PDF, 352KB) (adopted September 1994)
- Provision of Private Open Space (PDF, 230KB) (adopted November 1993)
- Arclid Hospital (PDF, 1.54MB) (adopted July 1992)
- Sandbach Business Park (PDF, 908KB) (adopted October 1989)
Supplementary Planning Guidance notes adopted by the former Borough of Crewe and Nantwich Council:
Supplementary Planning Guidance notes adopted by the former Macclesfield Borough Council:
- Floodlighting for Sporting Activities (PDF, 181KB) (adopted April 2005)
- Equestrian facilities (PDF, 366KB) (adopted Jan 2005)
- Dingle Bank Quarry (PDF, 1.6MB) (adopted July 2004)
- Housing Character Areas (The Three Wilmslow Parks) (PDF, 873KB) (adopted July 2004)
- Section 106/Planning Obligations (PDF, 3.1MB) (adopted June 2004)
- Trees & Development Guidelines (PDF, 3.2MB) (adopted February 2004)
- Areas of Archaeological Potential (PDF, 1.3MB) (adopted February 2004)
- Shopfronts and Security Shutters Guide (PDF, 691KB) (adopted January 2003)
- Stamford Lodge Development Brief (PDF, 4.1MB) (adopted December 2002)
- Rieter Scragg, Langley Development Brief (PDF, 6.4MB) (adopted January 2000)
- Victoria Park Estate & Surrounding Area Development Brief (PDF, 3.3MB) (adopted March 1999)
- South Macclesfield Development Area (PDF, 4.1MB) (adopted December 1998)
- Tytherington Business Park (PDF, 2.5MB) (adopted April 1989)
In addition, a number of Supplementary Planning Documents were adopted by predecessor Councils prior to formation of Cheshire East in 2009.
A number of informal planning guidance notes were also approved. These do not form part of the statutory development plan but will continue to be material considerations in the determination of planning applications.