Housing Land Supply
Annual Housing Monitoring Update
The NPPF requires local planning authorities to set out a five year supply of specific deliverable sites for housing, including an appropriate buffer. This assessment has been produced as a snapshot to identify the housing land supply situation within the Borough on the base date of 31 March 2017. We intend to continue to prepare annual updates as required by the PPG .
Note: following the publication of the Housing Monitoring Update August 2017 (base date 31 March 2017), the following corrections have been made. All other data remains the same as at the base date of 31 March 2017. The corrections are:
|Site ref||Settlement||Number of units|
- Sites in the Table have been removed from the rural commitments and re-assigned to a settlement.
The following appendices have been changed to reflect this:
- Appendix 3: Commitments as at 31 March 2017;
- Appendix 4: Appendix A to the CELPS as at 31 March 2017; and
- Appendix 8: Graph from Appendix E of the CELPS showing trajectory as at 31 March 2017.
- Table 5.1 - proportion of strategic sites / locations contributing to 5YS corrected to reflect Appendix 7b. The figure should be 3,117 and 35% (not 6,068 and 68%). The total becomes 12,950 and 63%.
Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012
The SHLAA is a key component of the evidence base to support the delivery of sufficient land for housing; to meet the community’s need for more homes; and to inform housing policy within the Cheshire East Local Plan. This assessment is required under the NPPF paragraph 59.
The SHLAA is a technical study to inform future policy development and it does not determine whether any site is acceptable for future housing development as that is determined through the Local Plan and / or any planning application submitted.
Further information about the SHLAA is available on the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Cheshire East Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012 Summary Document (PDF, 399KB)
- Cheshire East Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012 (PDF, 5.8MB)
- Appendix A: Small Sites (within main document above)
- Appendix B: Housing Market Partnership Membership (within main document above)
- Appendix C: Maps
- Alderley Edge and Chelford Area Map (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Alsager Area Map (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Audlem and Wrenbury Area Map (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Bunbury and Wardle Area Map (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Congleton Area Plan Map (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Crewe North Area Map (PDF, 3.4MB)
- Crewe South Area Map (PDF, 3.4MB)
- Handforth and Wilmslow Area Map (PDF, 3.4MB)
- High Legh Area Map(PDF, 2.0MB)
- Knutsford Area Map (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Macclesfield North Area Map (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Macclesfield South Area Map (PDF, 3.1MB)
- Middlewich and Holmes Chapel Area Map (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Nantwich Area Map (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Poynton and Disley Area Map (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Sandbach Area Map (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Wybunbury Area Map (PDF, 767KB)
- Appendix D: Site Proformas:
- Strategic Sites - Principal Towns (PDF, 5.6MB)
- Strategic Sites - Key Service Centre and New Settlements (PDF, 7.4MB)
- Sites 241 to 2308 (PDF, 5MB)
- Sites 2309 to 2556 (PDF, 5.2MB)
- Sites 2564 to 2715 (PDF, 5.3MB)
- Sites 2724 to 2858 (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Sites 2859 to 2971 (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Sites 2974 to 3148 (PDF, 5.0MB)
- Sites 3156 to 3338 (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Sites 3339 to 3516 (PDF, 4.6MB)
- Sites 3519 to 3849 (PDF, 7.9MB)
- Sites 3856 to 4142 (PDF, 9.5MB)
- Sites 4151 to 4252 (PDF, 8.5MB)
- Sites 4254 to 4423 (PDF, 8.4MB)