Local Development Orders
LDOs are made by the council and provide planning permission for specific classes of development within a defined area, subject to certain criteria and conditions. The intention is to create certainty, and save time and money for those involved in the planning process.
It is important to note that whilst LDOs grant planning permission, they do not remove the need to comply with other relevant legislation and regulations. A LDO does not exclude applicants from applying for planning permission through the normal planning process for other development that is not permitted by the Order. Further information on LDOs is available in our LDO FAQs (PDF, 171KB) document.
This page contains information on the adopted Reaseheath LDO and the draft Macclesfield LDOs , including the current consultation on the amended draft Macclesfield LDOs .
Funding was received from DCLG during 2015 to assist in the preparation of two residential-led LDOs in Macclesfield town centre, known as Whalley Hayes and Northside. An initial period of public consultation on the original draft Macclesfield LDOs took place in 2016 and 2017.
Amended draft Macclesfield LDOs consultation 2018
In response to the feedback received during the original draft consultation, the council has made a number of changes and now considers that it is appropriate to re-consult on the amended draft Orders. We are now seeking your views on the following documents:
- Statement of Reasons (PDF, 674KB)
- LDO Consent Order (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Red Line Boundary for Northside (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Red Line Boundary for Whalley Hayes (PDF, 947KB)
- Northside LDO Strategic Design Statement (PDF, 5.4MB)
- Whalley Hayes LDO Strategic Design Statement (PDF, 5.3MB)
- Northside Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Whalley Hayes Heritage Impact Assessment (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Phase 1 Preliminary Risk Assessment (PDF, 11.2MB)
- Air Quality and Noise Report (PDF, 515KB)
- Traffic Generation Analysis Report (PDF, 227KB)
- Macclesfield LDO Statement of Consultation 2017 (PDF, 3.5MB)
The consultation is underway between Thursday 15 November and 5pm on Friday 14 December 2018. If you wish to make any comments on the LDOs you should write to the council at:
Hard copies of all the documents are available to view at Macclesfield Library, Jordangate, Macclesfield SK10 1EE for the duration of this consultation. Please ask at reception during normal office hours.
After the consultation has finished, we will consider all the comments received and progress the development of the Local Development Order. The final LDO will be presented to the council’s Portfolio Holder's meeting in February 2019 for approval.
Original draft Macclesfield LDOs consultation 2016-2017
An initial period of Public Consultation took place during August and September 2016 with a number of drop-in workshop sessions held throughout this period. Consultation on the original draft LDOs reports and supporting documentation took place between 29 March and 12 May 2017. These original documents do not form part of the current consultation but are available for reference below:
- Macclesfield LDO Statement of Consultation 2016 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Statement of reasons (PDF, 4.3MB)
- Formal LDO Consent Order for Consultation (PDF, 909KB)
- LDO Consent Order Guidance Note (PDF, 160KB)
- Red Line Boundary for Northside (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Red Line Boundary for Whalley Hayes (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Traffic Generation Analysis Report (PDF, 226KB)
- Town Centre Context (PDF, 844KB)
- Opportunities and Constraints (PDF, 4.5MB)
- Parameters – Northside (PDF, 3.3MB)
- Parameters – Whalley Hayes (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Design Statement Template (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Heritage Impact Assessment - Northside (draft) (HIA) (PDF, 643KB)
- Heritage Impact Assessment - Whalley Hayes (draft) (PDF, 782KB)
Funding was received from DEFRA during 2015 to assist in the preparation of a LDO at Reaseheath College, Nantwich. The LDO was prepared in partnership with Reaseheath College and identifies six potential development sites which seek to enhance the teaching and learning facilities at the college campus as well as an enhancement of the wider rural economy. The LDO was subsequently adopted on 19 October 2016.Formal consent order:
Evidence base documents:
For further information please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org