Site LPS 57: Heathfield Farm (allocation), Wilmslow
The development of the Heathfield Farm site over the plan period will be achieved through:
- The delivery of around 150 dwellings;
- Provision of direct cycle and pedestrian links from the site to the west, to improve links to the Summerfields local centre and Wilmslow town centre / railway station; and
- The retention of the public footpath crossing the site;
Site Specific Principles of Development
- The development must be a high quality design which reflects and respects the character of the area and the amenities of neighbouring properties.
- Provide a comprehensive landscaping scheme which retains existing mature trees, hedgerows and ponds with new planting to re-enforce these areas, help break up the site and create green infrastructure.
- Utilise the existing access off the Dean Row Road / Handforth Road roundabout as the main point of access. Proposals should consider the option of a future link to Pinewood Road in any future phases of development on the safeguarded land.
- Improve the connectivity and accessibility into and out of the site to the wider area with the provision of or contribution to pedestrian linkages and cycle paths, including a pedestrian and cycle link to Browns Lane / Pinewood Road.
- Provision should be made for public open space within the site, supplementing existing green infrastructure as well as improving linkages with the existing area of public open space to the south of Browns Lane. New development will be expected to make contributions to playing fields and children’s play facilities where these cannot be provided on site.
- New development will be expected to respect any existing ecological constraints on site and where necessary provide appropriate mitigation.
- Provide contributions to education and health infrastructure.
- The Local Plan Strategy site is expected to provide affordable housing in line with the policy requirements set out in Policy SC 5 'Affordable Homes'.
- A minimum of a Phase 1 Preliminary Risk Assessment for contaminated land should be carried out to demonstrate that the site is, or could be made, suitable for use should it be found to be contaminated. Further work, including a site investigation, may be required at a pre-planning stage, depending on the nature of the site.
- Any development that would prejudice the potential for future development of the adjacent safeguarded land (Site ref LPS 58) will not be permitted.
15.672 The site offers an excellent opportunity for a sustainable residential development which will contribute to meeting Wilmslow’s housing requirements.
15.673 The site is reasonably well located to both Wilmslow and Handforth, with bus routes nearby and is within walking distance to shops and the train stations, provided appropriate pedestrian/cycle links are provided.
15.674 With a quality design, the development of the site could respect the character and distinctiveness of the locality with quality design.
16.675 The site forms part of a larger area of land removed from the Green Belt, the remainder of which is safeguarded. This safeguarded land should remain undeveloped for the duration of the plan period. However the construction of the Heathfield Farm allocation should anticipate the potential development of the adjoining land at some point and not prejudice this possibility. Linkage to Pinewood Road should be considered as part of this process.
Previous page: Site LPS 56 'Land at Little Stanneylands, Wilmslow' | Cheshire East Local Plan policy index | Next page: Safeguarded Land LPS 58 'Land at Heathfield Farm, Wilmslow'