Safeguarded Land LPS 41: Land adjacent to Booths Hall, Knutsford
- 8.7 hectares of safeguarded land.
Site Specific Principles of Development
- This site is not allocated for development at the present time.
15.487 Paragraph 85 of the NPPF requires authorities to identify safeguarded land to meet longer-term development needs beyond the plan period.
15.488 This safeguarded site offers the potential for future development at land adjacent to Booths Hall if required in the future.
15.489 The council expects that the following are considered in the context of the ecological value of the site due to its proximity to a European site(s):
- impact on natural hydrological function, pathways, groundwater and surface water
- impact on recharge to groundwater and consequent impact on site
- impact on water resources
- impact on water chemistry
- impacts on nutrient status
- risks from pollution during construction (e.g. spillages or minor pollution incidents and the storage of oils and fuels)
- impacts from changes to air quality from construction and ‘end use’ traffic emissions resulting in potential for increased nitrogen deposition
- impacts from dust generated during the construction work
- impact of increased foot traffic on sensitive habitats and species
- Policy name: Safeguarded Land LPS 41 'Land adjacent to Booths Hall, Knutsford'
- Development plan document: Local Plan Strategy (PDF, 26.0MB)
- Date adopted: 27 July 2017
Previous page: Safeguarded Land LPS 40 'Land North of Tabley Road, Knutsford' | Cheshire East Local Plan policy index | Next page: Site LPS 42 'Glebe Farm, Middlewich'