Report a flood

Emergencies and where lives or property are in danger

Call 999 in an emergency.

If your home is at immediate risk of flooding, see the National Flood Forum for practical advice.

In the event of serious flooding, we work closely with the emergency services. We help where we can, in particular where people are vulnerable. We have a network of local people and organisations we can call on to help when there's a flood.

Flooding on roads (except major trunk roads)

Use our online form to report a flood or drainage issue on roads other than major trunk roads.

The form asks you to choose either flooding or gully/drainage. Choose gully/drainage if it is clear that blocked gullies or drains are causing the problem.

In dealing with blocked drains, we prioritise flooding on main roads. 

Flooding on major trunk roads (A55, A483, A556/A550)

Contact Highways England to report flooding on major trunk roads.

Surface water flooding (including rainfall and flooding from streams and drainage channels)

To report surface water flooding from streams and drainage channels, call us on 0300 123 5500 (Monday-Friday 8.30am- 5pm) or 0300 123 5025 (out of hours and weekends). We don't provide an emergency response service - in emergencies you should always call 999.

Flooding from rivers

Contact the Environment Agency to report flooding from rivers, 

Flooding from sewers or water pipes

Contact United Utilities to report flooding from sewers or water pipes.

Flooding from a canal

Contact the Canal and River Trust to report flooding from a canal.

Electricity and power line emergencies

Contact National Grid ESO to report flooding affecting the electricity supply network

Gas emergencies

Contact National Grid Gas to report flooding affecting gas pipes.