Why choose Cheshire East Council building control
Our building control team provides trustworthy, ethical and impartial advice to guide you through the building regulations approval process. This gives you peace of mind at every stage.
Whether you are a home owner or a professional, we will help you achieve design goals in a way that meets building regulations. We will discuss any issues with you, find workable solutions, and do all we can to keep the project on track.
We always act in the interests of the property owner. This protects you from unsafe building practices and gives you peace of mind that everyone who lives in or uses the building will be safe.
The benefits of our service include:
- free technical advice before you apply for building regulations approval
- wide experience of the regulations and the local area, including ground conditions and drainage infrastructure
- focus on keeping people safe and comfortable
- practical advice to you and your builder throughout to help cut both short and long term costs
- prompt responses and same day inspections, preventing costly delays
- every inspection in-person - unlike some private firms, we do not accept photographic evidence, which could be fake and put safety at risk
- access to wider expertise if needed through the national network of local authority building control teams (LABC)
We liaise closely with planning, highways and other council teams and with external organisations such as the Fire Authority, helping streamline the compliance process and avoid delays.
Building control for commercial and public sector projects
Over the years we’ve worked with a huge variety of commercial and public sector projects, from small shop renovations right through to new hospitals and leisure centres.
Whatever the project, our building control team offers advice and support on building regulations and other crucial services. From pre-planning to completion, we can guide and support you through the most technically complex projects and developments.
Having worked with some of the UK’s major developers, builders and contractors we have unparalleled industry experience, technical expertise and local knowledge.
To talk to one of our experienced team, call 01270 375256 or email us.
The difference between local authority building control and an approved inspector
Building control work can be done by both local authorities and 'approved inspectors' - private firms or individuals authorised to carry out the work. Local authorities have wider powers and are able to enforce compliance, which approved inspectors cannot. Local authority powers also include taking action in relation to dangerous structures. When you use local authority building control, you can be sure you are getting an independent, impartial service that puts the safety of the building's occupants first.