Demolition procedure

You must give 6 weeks notice to the Council if you intend to demolish a building or part of a building over 50 cubic metres.

Download a printable  Demolition Notice (PDF, 126KB) or an editable  Demolition Notice (MS Word, 163KB)

Demolition notices can be emailed to

Card payments can be made online 
or by contacting our offices on 01270 375278 or 375256.

Building Control officers will reply with a number of conditions which the person concerned must comply with. These may include such items as weatherproofing adjoining buildings; disconnecting all services (i.e. gas, water, electricity), sealing or removing sewers and drains etc. Any person disputing the conditions may appeal to the Magistrates Court to have any or all removed.

Approval under Town and Country Planning Acts may also be required. View the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

If necessary you can post your notice and fee to our offices at Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe, CW1 2BJ, with cheques made payable to 'Cheshire East Council'.

Contact us

Building Control

01270 375256

Municipal Buildings
Earle Street

Rate this page

We value your feedback. How do you rate this information?