Statutory Assessment Service (SEND) Redesign
Following the SEND structure consultation earlier this year, Cheshire East Council has redesigned the Statutory Assessment Service (SEND).
The newly reconfigured SEND team aims to ensure that the council is able to effectively meet the needs of all children and young people with SEND by:
- achieving the very best they can
- attending a school or educational setting as close to their home as possible
- being taught and supported by skilled professionals who have high expectations for their progress and learning potential
- enjoying learning, feel valued and be confident
- being actively involved in decisions that affect them
- fulfilling their potential as confident adults in their chosen community
- being allocated resources to best effect
The team are moving to locality model see map below:
Locality One – 1 & 2
Locality Two – 3 & 4
Locality Three – 5 & 6
There has been a significant investment in the service to address concerns raised by parent/carers and other partners. Within each locality there will be a SEND locality manager, four SEND keyworkers and a number of SEND business support officers. There is currently a recruitment programme to fill vacant posts and parents/carers and young people will be an integral part of the selection process.
Whilst there has been significant progress in some areas e.g. timely completion of initial education, health and care plans; there is still more to do on the SEND improvement journey.
At the forefront is the need to work as equal partners with parent/carers, children and young people and other stakeholders. Successful candidates will need to be able to demonstrate high levels of child and person centred practice which focusses on achieving the very best outcomes for children and young people.
Post holders will initially be located in Macclesfield Town Hall but eventually the aim is to have teams in Crewe, Macclesfield Town Hall and a location in the centre of Cheshire East. The belief is that this will enable much more joined up working within the localities with other services.
To view the current vacancies visit www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/jobs.