SEND Youth Forum
The SEND Youth Forum now meets twice a month in Macclesfield and Crewe.
In Macclesfield the group meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month 6pm-8pm (at the Macclesfield Hub on Great King Street) and in Crewe they meet on the 2nd and last Thursday of each month 6pm-8pm (at the Crewe Hub on Market Street). The group is for young people aged 11-25 with additional needs or a disability—come along if you’d like to have your say.
What have the SEND Forum been doing?
The SEND Youth Forum have been very busy with life skills projects including cooking, arts and crafts, clay modelling and learning about children’s rights, as well as giving feedback on the preparing for adulthood information packs, questionnaires about school and social activities. Other activities include:
- Taking part in the North West SEND network co production conference with other young people from SEND forums from across the North West
- Consultation on preparing for adulthood: young people from all over Cheshire East took part in making a video about their experiences and aspirations of becoming an adult. This video was shown at the preparing for adulthood ( PFA ) strategy meeting on Monday 2 December. One of our members also attended this meeting to take part in shaping the future PfA strategy, and gave their pledge on how the youth forum would contribute to this in front of a room full of professionals
- Our last SEND Voice Matters event of the year took place at Sir William Stanier School in Crewe on Thursday 21 November, with 48 students taking part in engaging and fun activities to give their views on school support and social activities whilst learning about mental health and children’s rights. The event gained very positive feedback from the schools who engaged and continues to grow in numbers.
Upcoming opportunities and activities for you to get involved in
- SEND Forum Christmas Party at Crewe Hub on Thursday 19 December 6-8:30pm
- An exciting new project to help reduce those who are excluded from school is in the pipeline. Watch this space!
For more information about the SEND Youth Forum, visit our Local Offer.
If you are interested in any of these activities, or have something to say about a service in Cheshire East then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find us on Facebook Participation Yss