Cheshire East Information Advice and Support Service
21 July 2020
The Cheshire East Information, Advice and Support ( CEIAS ) team provide a free, impartial and confidential service for families with a child aged 0-25 with special educational needs and /or a disability ( SEND ), or for a young person in their own right. Our key aim is to empower parents and young people to make informed choices.
We will help you to work positively with your child’s educational setting, local authority staff and other professionals to ensure your child’s needs are met.
What we do:
- Signpost you to relevant laws and guidance which all professionals working with children and young people with SEND must have regard to.
- Signpost you to, (and explain if you need us to), the formal process the local authority follows to see whether your child or young person may need an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment ( EHCNA )
- Help you to understand official documents relating to your child’s special educational needs.
- Explain your options if you do not agree with decisions being made regarding your child’s special needs or disability.
- Share details of support groups and useful organisations with you
- Deliver workshops on a range of topics/themes, for parents and carers, around SEND
- When appropriate, and there is availability, we can provide support at meetings with yourselves and the educational setting.
We have a website with lots of useful information - do take a look:
Due to the current situation the CEIAS team are working from home; but be assured that we are still there to provide support.
To contact us there is a form on our website:
CEIAS Contact Us Form - Your Cheshire East Account
We can also be contacted by email email@example.com
or by calling 0300 123 5166