Live Well Cheshire East home page
Children and Young People's Trust
The Cheshire East Children and Young People’s Trust (CYPT) is a partnership of organisations who are responsible for services for children, young people and families.
The Trust aims to improve the lives of children and young people in Cheshire East through identifying and commissioning the best services to families. We promote and support good parenting and the funding of services that are preventative or give help to families early as they start to experience difficulties.
Our plan sets out how we will do this over the next three years.
Children and Young People’s Plan, 2019 - 2022
Our 2019-22 plan to take help us achieve our joint ambition to make Cheshire East a great place to be young.
Central to the new plan is working ‘TOGETHER’ with children and young people. TOGETHER is our shared definition of coproduction in Cheshire East, because TOGETHER is inclusive to all.
What the Children and Young People’s Trust do
The Children and Young People’s Trust is creating a great place to be young. The Trust is doing this through:
- listening to and acting on what children, young people, parents, carers, and people who work with families say
- developing the strategy for improving local services to children, young people and families. This is called the Children and Young People’s Plan
- developing new ways of working together and promoting joint working
- planning together and jointly commissioning services, looking at how we can make the most impact for families
- reviewing what children and young people need in their local area
- overcoming barriers to sharing and using information
- making sure that children, young people, families and the professionals that work with them know what they can expect and hold Cheshire East to a high standard
- making sure that listening to children, young people, parents, carers and workers is part all of services and is used to continually improve services
- working closely with the Cheshire East Safeguarding Children's Partnership a partnership to protect children and young people from harm
Listening to children and young people
We developed a Participation Strategy (PDF, 925KB) with young people to improve how we engage children and young people in decisions that affect them and their communities.
Members of Youth Council attend every meeting and have a slot on every agenda to discuss what children and young people say we need in Cheshire East.
Youth Council represent the views of children and young people at every meeting and challenge professionals to make sure that children and young people are at the heart of all decision making.
The Children and Young People’s plan
Together we want the following 6 outcomes for children and young people:
- Children and young people we care for are happy and given every opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Children and young people feel and are safe.
- Children and young people are happy and experience good mental health and wellbeing.
- Children and young people are healthy and make positive choices.
- Children and young people leave school with the best skills and qualifications they can achieve and the life skills they need to thrive into adulthood.
- Children, young people and young adults with additional needs have better chances in life.
How to get involved
We’d love to hear your views on what’s working well and what could be improved.
Contact the Children and Young People’s Trust at ChildrensTrust@cheshireeast.gov.uk
If you are a young person and you would like to get involved in decision making about services in Cheshire East you can join the Youth Council Facebook Group and mailing list.
Links to related sites