Live Well Cheshire East home page
Youth Support Service
YSS is part of Preventative Services in the People Directorate. It covers the whole of Cheshire East with Youth Support Service hubs, based in Macclesfield and Crewe.
What the Youth Support Service does
Targeted youth work
YSS is for young people aged 13-19yrs (up to 25yrs with SEND). We offer open access, targeted Youth Work, Outdoor Education, focused support for NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training), support to young people who have an EHC plan, and transitional planning for targeted young people preparing for adulthood. The service offers all young people age 14-25 the opportunity to complete their Duke of Edinburgh Award. The Participation work facilitates a wider offer for ages 0-19 to engage in having a voice across Children’s Services.
Targeted Youth Support (TYS)
- We provide one to one support, advice and guidance for NEET young people aged 16-19yrs through one to one work, group sessions, focused interviews, CAF assessments and referral into learning and training
- We work with young people with a CEC Statement of Special Educational Need to engage them in learning and training post 16 via the completion of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- We are responsible for the September Guarantee process which identifies learning opportunities and gaps in provision and links closely with businesses, training providers and the 14+ skills team
- We track the whole cohort of young people (13,000) to ensure they are meeting participation requirements via Raising of the Participation Age (RPA), including the NEET national figures. This includes the gathering of destination information from all schools and colleges in the area
Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme - DofE and outdoor education
- The YSS hold the licence for CEC for DofE. This includes support to both schools and voluntary units in their implementation of the DofE, if they do not currently hold their own licence.
- As a service we also offer opportunities for young people to complete the award as well as offering opportunities to partake in outdoor education activities.
Crewe Youth Hub
Macclesfield Youth Hub
Youth support service - find us on facebook