Live Well Cheshire East home page
Youth Support Service
YSS is for young people aged 13-19 years (25 with a learning difficulty). We are part of the early help offer in Cheshire East Children and Families service. The YSS offers both open access and targeted Youth Work, and focused support for Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) young people and those who have a learning difficulty.
What the Youth Support Service does
Targeted youth work
- Targeted youth work involves young people gaining opportunities to achieve positive outcomes, accreditation, assess and meet individual needs. This is achieved within youth work settings these include open access, building based provision, detached youth work, outreach, one to one and group work.
- We offer opportunities for young people to gain experience and develop skills in volunteering.
- Under our participation strategy we offer opportunities for young people to engage and be part of our youth voice forums and youth councils.
Targeted Youth Support (TYS)
- We provide one to one support, advice and guidance for NEET young people aged 16-19yrs through one to one work, group sessions, focused interviews, CAF assessments and referral into learning and training.
- We work with young people with a CEC Statement of Special Educational Need to engage them in learning and training post 16 via the completion of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) .
- We are responsible for the September Guarantee process which identifies learning opportunities and gaps in provision and links closely with businesses, training providers and the 14+ skills team.
- We track the whole cohort of young people (13,000) to ensure they are meeting participation requirements via Raising of the Participation Age (RPA), including the NEET national figures. This includes the gathering of destination information from all schools and colleges in the area.
Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme - DofE and outdoor education
- The YSS hold the licence for CEC for DofE. This includes support to both schools and voluntary units in their implementation of the DofE, if they do not currently hold their own licence.
- As a service we also offer opportunities for young people to complete the award as well as offering opportunities to partake in outdoor education activities.
Crewe Youth Hub.
Macclesfield Youth Hub.
Youth support service - find us on facebook