On Monday 25 October we have an extended LEGO Club at 2.30-4.30pm. We will spend an hour building an obstacle that the sphero ball has to go around or through and then have a go at steering the sphero round the maze that we make. Free, but places are limited so please book in advance.
Please note, the library will be closed between 12.30 and 1.30pm on Tuesday 26 October. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Nature story and craft
On Wednesday 27 October at 1.30-2.30pm we have a Story and Craft event for children aged 5 and over. Free, but places are limited so please book in advance.
Futures Wonder Lab® workshop
Let’s think about how we can reduce microplastics in clothing and then have a go at creating some unique art using a cardboard loom, in our workshop on Thursday 28 October at 1.30-3.00pm. Suitable for children aged 7 and over. Free, but places are limited so please book in advance.
On Friday 29 October come and make a keyring using 3D pens. There are three sessions to choose from at 10.00-10.30; 2.30-3.00pm; 3.30-4.00pm. Suitable for children aged 6 and over. 50p; please book in advance as places are limited.
There is an emergency defibrillator available, externally, on the side of the building to the right of the library front door. The defibrillator is currently out of order.
Wilmslow Library on Facebook
Activities at Wilmslow Library
- LEGO Club - 3.30 - 4.45pm - weekly. Come and get your creativity flowing. We will set a theme each week, but you are welcome to do your own unique build. Places are limited so please book in advance
- Storytime - 9.45 - 10.15am - weekly. Places are limited so booking is essential. Please contact the library for further information and to book
- Baby Bounce - 9.45 - 10.15am - weekly. Suitable for babies aged 12 months and under. Places are limited so booking is essential. Please contact the library for further information and to book
- Book Lovers Group - 2.00 - 2.45pm - monthly, on the first Wednesday of each month. No need to book; just read a book that fits in with our monthly theme and come along for a chat and a biscuit. Contact us if you would like more information. Our next sessions are:
- Wednesday 3 November – Head back to the 90s and read a book that was published in the 1990s or that you have fond memories of reading during that decade
- Wednesday 1 December – Wish you were here? Read a book that features a favourite holiday/day trip destination – a cosy cottage in the Lake District, a ski lodge in Switzerland, the bright lights of Las Vegas. The choice is yours
- Rhymetime - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly. Suitable for pre-school children. Places are limited so please book in advance
Other organisations in the library
All activities have been suspended until further notice due to the Coronavirus pandemic.