Change to library opening hours
Following the opening hours survey in the autumn, we will be implementing changes with effect from Monday 1 July. Our new opening hours will be:
- Monday 9.00am-5.00pm
- Tuesday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Wednesday 9.00-5.00pm
- Thursday 9.00am-7.00pm
- Friday 9.00am-5.00pm
- Saturday 9.00-1.00pm
- Sunday Closed
Introduction to online family history
Learn how to use online resources Find my Past and Ancestry to help discover your family history. £3.50 per session, offering one hour of tuition, followed by an extra hour to put what you have learned into practice. Please ask at the library for details of the next sessions, or to be added to our waiting list.
Get started online: IT tuition
If you're unsure how to get started online with your tablet, laptop or desktop computer, or you have a query about using your device, one of our volunteers will guide you through the basics in a one-to-one session. Please contact the library to be added to the waiting list, and someone will be in touch to book you in with one of our knowledgeable volunteers. £2.50 per hour. Don't worry if you don't have your own tablet or laptop, as we can provide access to the library's public computers as and when required.
There is an emergency defibrillator available, externally, on the side of the building to the right of the library front door.
Wilmslow Library on Facebook
Activities at Wilmslow Library
- Book Lovers' Group - 2.30pm - second Monday of each month. Free reading group based on themes rather than set titles. Refreshments available. Please note that the July meeting will take place on 15 July not 8 July
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - weekly. Suitable for children aged 4 and over. Duplo available for younger children. Free, drop-in event
- Under 5s Storytime - 11.00-11.30am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Reading Group - 5.30-6.30pm - third Thursday of the month. We read and discuss a set book. There is a small annual subscription charge. New members welcome.
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in the library
There is a drop-in session with the CAB every Thursday between 4.30 and 6.30pm.
Drop-in IT and job search support will be available at the library on Tuesday mornings from 9.30-11.30am.
Macclesfield Eye Society
The Macclesfield Eye Society holds a monthly support group in the library on the first Tuesday of each month at 1.00-3.00pm. All welcome. Contact the library for further details.
There are TinyTalk Classes in the library each week. Tiny talk gives you an insight into your little one's mind and by the use of sign you can start to communicate with them as early as 5 months old. To find out more about these classes call Claire Barnett on 07941 904033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the TinyTalk website.
Wilmslow Energy Partnership Energy Monitors
Wilmslow Energy Partnership are offering local residents the opportunity to borrow an energy monitor. The monitors are easy to use and will help residents to better understand the costs of operating appliances in the home, showing where the most electricity is being used and how to make useful savings. Monitors can be issued to library members using their library card, for the usual three week loan period.