Super Saturday stories and rhymes
On Saturday 5 May we have a Super Saturday story and rhyme time for all the family at 10.00-10.30am.
May Bank Holiday opening hours
Please note that the library will be closed on Monday 7 and Monday 28 May for the Bank Holidays.
Local and Community History Month 2018
Come along to our free Local History event on Saturday 26 May. Visit our recently refurbished reference library and learn more about Wilmslow's local studies collections. We'll have stands, displays, refreshments and family activities between 10.00am and 12.00 noon.
Elmer Day stories and crafts
Come and make a very special Elmer sun-catcher on Friday 1 June at 11.00-12.00 noon. Tickets £1.00; advance booking essential.
Introduction to online family history
Learn how to use online resources Find my Past and Ancestry to help discover your family history. £5.00 per session, offering one hour of tuition, followed by an extra hour to put what you have learned into practice. Guidance notes are supplied. Please ask at the library for details of the next sessions, or to be added to our waiting list.
Get started online: IT tuition
If you're unsure how to get started online with your tablet, laptop or desktop computer, or you have a query about using your device, one of our volunteers will guide you through the basics in a one-to-one session. Please contact the library to be added to the waiting list, and someone will be in touch to book you in with one of our knowledgeable volunteers. Don't worry if you don't have your own tablet or laptop, as we can provide access to the library's public computers as and when required.
There is an emergency defibrillator available, externally, on the side of the building to the right of the library front door.
A day in the life of Wilmslow Library
In 2012 local photographic society 'Lindow 10' took a series of photographs for an exhibition in the library. The images capture frontline and behind the scenes activities and Lindow 10 have produced a video slide show (WMV, 35MB) for us to share. Please note there is no transcript as the video does not contain speech or narration.
Wilmslow Library on Facebook
Activities at Wilmslow Library
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - monthly on third Monday of each month. Suitable for children aged 4 and over. Duplo available for younger children. Free, drop-in event. Next date is 21 May on the theme of Star Wars
- Under 5s Storytime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Welcome Wednesday - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Join us for adult colouring, jigsaws, and company. Feel free to bring along your knitting, crossword, or soduku. Free and open to all adults; just drop-in
- Book Lovers' Group - 2.30pm - second Thursday of each month. Free reading group based on themes rather than set titles. Refreshments available. Next date is 10 May
- Reading Group - 5.45-6.45pm - monthly on third Thursday of each month. Discussion is based around a set book; annual subscription charges apply. New members welcome. Next date is 17 May
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in the library
There is a drop-in session with the CAB every Thursday between 4.30 and 6.30pm.
Drop-in IT and job search support will be available at the library on Tuesday mornings from 10.00-12.00 noon.
Macclesfield Eye Society
The Macclesfield Eye Society holds a monthly support group in the library on the first Tuesday of each month at 1.00-3.00pm. All welcome. Contact the library for further details.
There are TinyTalk Classes in the library each week. Tiny talk gives you an insight into your little one's mind and by the use of sign you can start to communicate with them as early as 5 months old. To find out more about these classes call Claire Barnett on 07941 904033 or email email@example.com or visit the TinyTalk website.
Wilmslow Energy Partnership Energy Monitors
Wilmslow Energy Partnership are offering local residents the opportunity to borrow an energy monitor. The monitors are easy to use and will help residents to better understand the costs of operating appliances in the home, showing where the most electricity is being used and how to make useful savings. Monitors can be issued to library members using their library card, for the usual three week loan period.
Wilmslow Guardian reporter
The local newspaper reporter will be here every Thursday between 4.00 and 5.00pm.