Temporary library entrance
The library is now open. However, the main entrance is closed, so please use the fire door on the Greenhall Mews side of the library.
Easter bank holidays
The library will be closed on 19 and 22 April for Good Friday and Easter Monday.
New children's library coming soon
Our new children's library will be installed mid-March.
Opening hours consultation results
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the opening hours consultation between 24 September and 31 October. We asked whether you would prefer to keep the current hours or move to the proposed new opening hours. The results were:
- Move to new hours - 73%
- Keep current hours - 27%
We are proposing to implement the changes in early 2019.
Introduction to online family history
Learn how to use online resources Find my Past and Ancestry to help discover your family history. £3.50 per session, offering one hour of tuition, followed by an extra hour to put what you have learned into practice. Please ask at the library for details of the next sessions, or to be added to our waiting list.
Get started online: IT tuition
If you're unsure how to get started online with your tablet, laptop or desktop computer, or you have a query about using your device, one of our volunteers will guide you through the basics in a one-to-one session. Please contact the library to be added to the waiting list, and someone will be in touch to book you in with one of our knowledgeable volunteers. £2.50 per hour. Don't worry if you don't have your own tablet or laptop, as we can provide access to the library's public computers as and when required.
There is an emergency defibrillator available, externally, on the side of the building to the right of the library front door.
Wilmslow Library on Facebook
Activities at Wilmslow Library
- Book Lovers' Group - 2.30pm - second Monday of each month. Free reading group based on themes rather than set titles. Refreshments available
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - weekly. Suitable for children aged 4 and over. Duplo available for younger children. Free, drop-in event
- Under 5s Storytime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Welcome Wednesday - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Join us for adult colouring, jigsaws, and company. Feel free to bring along your knitting, crossword, or soduku. Free and open to all adults; just drop-in
- Reading Group - 5.30-6.30pm - third Thursday of the month. We read and discuss a set book. There is a small annual subscription charge. New members welcome. Next date is 21 March
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in the library
There is a drop-in session with the CAB every Thursday between 4.30 and 6.30pm.
Drop-in IT and job search support will be available at the library on Tuesday mornings from 10.00-12.00 noon.
Macclesfield Eye Society
The Macclesfield Eye Society holds a monthly support group in the library on the first Tuesday of each month at 1.00-3.00pm. All welcome. Contact the library for further details.
There are TinyTalk Classes in the library each week. Tiny talk gives you an insight into your little one's mind and by the use of sign you can start to communicate with them as early as 5 months old. To find out more about these classes call Claire Barnett on 07941 904033 or email email@example.com or visit the TinyTalk website.
Wilmslow Energy Partnership Energy Monitors
Wilmslow Energy Partnership are offering local residents the opportunity to borrow an energy monitor. The monitors are easy to use and will help residents to better understand the costs of operating appliances in the home, showing where the most electricity is being used and how to make useful savings. Monitors can be issued to library members using their library card, for the usual three week loan period.