Elmer story and craft
Let's celebrate Elmer Day with stories, a craft and a library picture hunt on Saturday 28 May at 10.00-11.00am. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Free, but please book in advance.
Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations
To celebrate the Jubilee, we have a selection of photographs and maps on display showing Wilmslow as it was. Just call in between Saturday 28 May and Saturday 4 June and see how much Grove Street has changed over the years. See how many shops you can remember!
Join us for refreshments on Saturday 4 June between 10.00 and 12.00 noon at our Jubilee coffee morning.
Jubilee story and craft
Make a crown and listen to some stories on Monday 30 May at 11.00-12.00 noon. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Free, but please book in advance.
Mini Makers paper chains
Who can make the longest paper chain using just one piece of A4 paper? To find out if it is you just pop into our workshop between 9.00 and 11.00am on Wednesday 1 June. Suitable for children aged 5 and over. Free, drop-in event.
Platinum Jubilee bank holidays
The library will be closed on Thursday 2 June and Friday 3 June for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee bank holidays.
Computer lessons for beginners
Need help setting up an email account or getting online? We can offer you free 1:1 tuition for one hour. Just ask a member of staff for more details.
Online family history
If you'd like to find out how you can trace your family tree online, book an online family research lesson with our friendly volunteer who will show you how to use Ancestry, Find My Past and other online resources. Contact the library for details.
There is an emergency defibrillator available, externally, on the side of the building to the right of the library front door.
Wilmslow Library on Facebook
Activities at Wilmslow Library
- LEGO Club - 3.30 - 4.30pm - weekly. Show off your creativity at our after school club. Ideal for children aged 5 and over, but Duplo is provided for younger children. Free; no need to book unless it is a school holiday
- Stories and Songs - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly. Stories, rhymes and activities for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Great for active toddlers – sitting is optional! Free; no need to book in advance
- Baby Bounce - 2.30 - 3.00pm - weekly. Suitable for babies 12 months and younger, so join us to sing some rhymes and meet other parents. Free; no need to book in advance
- Book Lovers Group - 2.00 - 3.00pm - monthly, on the first Wednesday of each month. We will have a different theme each month and you can contact the library on 01625 374 060 for more details about upcoming themes. Free; no need to let us know in advance you will attending
- IT and Chat - 2.00 - 4.00pm - monthly. If you need help with getting online or using our online resources, drop in for advice and a cuppa
- Rhymetime - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly. Rhymes for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Free; no need to book in advance
- Wilmslow Wordsmiths - 3.30 - 4.45pm - monthly creative writing group. Write poetry, short stories or scripts in an informal setting. Free; refreshments available for a small charge. Contact the library for dates
Other organisations in the library
All activities have been suspended until further notice due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Page last reviewed: 18 May 2022
Thank you for your feedback.