Local and Community History Week
We are offering family history research taster sessions on Friday 25 May at 10.00-12.00 noon. Please book a one-hour session in advance. £2.00 per session.
Join us on the morning of Saturday 26 May for a special Elmer Day drop-in craft session.
Spring Bank Holiday opening hours
Please note that the library will be closed on Monday 28 May for the spring bank holiday.
Hearing dogs for deaf people
On Wednesday 30 May pop into the library between 1.30 and 3.30pm to meet the hearing dogs and their trainers.
Holiday LEGO club
On Friday 1 June at 9.30-11.30am we have a drop-in holiday LEGO Club.
Join us on Tuesday 5 June for a special Bookstart Bird Boogie storywalk for preschool children at 10.30am. Celebrate National Bookstart Week with a walk in the park, rhymes, crafts and the mobile Children's Centre. Contact the library to book a place.
Shetland murder mystery
Join us on Wednesday 13 June at 7.00pm and try to solve the crime in this Bannocks and Blood murder mystery by Ann Cleeves. Tickets £3.00, including refreshments. Please book in advance.
Festival of Learning Week, 18-23 June
During the week there will be a display by South Cheshire Astronomical Society. The society will be holding a free drop-in session on Monday 18 June between 10.00am and 12.30pm, with members on hand to talk about astronomy, the planets and stars.
On Wednesday 20 June at 6.30-7.30pm we are hosting a free talk, Introduction to Astronomy and the Planets.
On Saturday 23 June, Saturday is Sun Day. We are celebrating International Sun Day one day early with a free drop-in session between 10.00am and 12.30pm. An opportunity to view the sun and its atmosphere safely with a solarscope.
There is an IT Buddy available to help with computer basics, including email and browsing the internet. £2.50 per hour. Please contact the library for details and to book a place.
Sandbach Library on Facebook
Activities at Sandbach Library
- Book Lovers Group - 2.00-3.00pm - second Monday of the month. Share your love of reading, meet people and enjoy a drink and a chat
- This is Not a Book Club - 3.45-4.45pm - monthly. Meets on the third Monday of each month. Free reading group for young people aged 6-10 years
- Reading Group - 7.00pm - monthly. Annual fee of around £10 per person. Contact Rowena at the library for details of the next meeting
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - Weekly in term time only. Join us for stories old and new! Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Baby Bounce - 2.00-2.30pm- weekly in term time only. Free. Suitable for babies from 0 to walking age only
- Frenchtastic for Toddlers - 9.30-10.30am - weekly. Contact the library for details
- Get on Line - 10.00-11.00am- weekly. Learn online basics to help you to access services online, using Learn my Way. Free, but please book as places are limited.
- LEGO Club - 3.30pm - monthly, on first Wednesday of each month. Please book in advance.
- Sandbach Readers - 6.45-8.00pm - Meet first and third Wednesday of the month. New members welcome
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Get on Line - 10.00-11.00am - weekly. Learn online basics to help you to access services online, using Learn my Way. Free, but please book as places are limited.
- Relish reading group - 2.30-3.30pm - weekly. Promoting wellbeing through shared reading. £2.00, including refreshments
- Bored? Game Club - 10.30-11.30 - monthly. Aimed at children aged 4 or more years. Please contact the library for further details and dates
Other organisations in this library
Cheshire East Citizens Advice outreach service
Free drop-in service for information and advice on Wednesdays between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. (We start to give out number cards at 12.45, only four clients will be seen).
Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union
There will be a representative from the Cheshire Neighbours credit union in the library on Fridays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon.
Macmillan Help Desk
There is a staffed help desk in the library on alternate Wednesday mornings.
Pilates class in the library every Tuesday at 11.00am - 12.15pm.
University of the Third Age advice desk is available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, between 9.30am and 11.30am. The U3A Information Board is available inside the library building.
If you need support getting back into work then why not join us at Sandbach Library. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work. Computers have been reserved for Work Club members.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.