On Saturday 25 May at 10.30am we're celebrating the 30th birthday of everyone's favourite patchwork elephant with Elmer stories and activities, including making an Elmer birthday card. Wear your brightest clothes for this free family event. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Late May bank holiday
The library will be closed on Monday 27 May for the late May bank holiday.
Let's Get Digital taster sessions
On Wednesday 29 May we are holding digital taster sessions for children aged 4-11 years. We will be bringing pictures to life using Quiver; using Makey Makeys to create a keyboard using fruit; and doing some simple programming using microbits. The sessions are free, but places are limited so booking is essential. There are three 45 minute sessions to choose from: 2.00pm, 3.00pm or 4.00pm.
Messy fun designing t-shirts on Thursday 30 May at 10.30am. £3.00 per child; please book as places are limited. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
On Friday 31 May we will be creating LEGO models on the theme of ‘things that go’, plus stop motion animation activities. Suitable for children aged 4-11 years. Free session with limited places, so booking is essential. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please contact the library for further details.
On Thursday 6 June at 10.30am we will be holding a story walk around Sandbach Park, where we will be joined by Mr Bookstart Bear. The walk will be based on the picture book, Car, Car, Truck, Jeep. Free, but places are limited and need to be booked. Suitable for pre-school children accompanied by their parent/carer.
Book Lovers group
Share your love of reading, meet people and enjoy a drink and a chat at our Book Lovers group on Thursday 13 June at 2.00pm.
Join us for Gruffalo storytime on Saturday 22 June at 10.30am, when we will be joined by Bunty, a Pets as Therapy dog. Free; no need to book.
Sandbach Walking Festival
On Tuesday 2 July at 10.30am we are going on a story walk around Sandbach Park, based on the picture book, We're All Going on a Bear Hunt. £3.00 per child; please book in advance as places are limited.
There is an IT Buddy available to help with computer basics, including email and browsing the internet. £2.50 per hour. Please contact the library for details and to book a place.
Sandbach Library on Facebook
Activities at Sandbach Library
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - Weekly in term time only. Join us for stories old and new! Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Baby Bounce - 2.00-2.30pm- weekly in term time only. Free. Suitable for babies from 0 to walking age only
- Mini Builders - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Free activity for preschool children using Duplo
- Reading Group - 7.00pm - monthly. Annual fee of around £10 per person. Contact Rowena at the library for details of the next meeting
- Sandbach Readers - 6.45-8.00pm - Meet first and third Wednesday of the month. New members welcome
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Knit and Natter - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on third Thursday of each month. Bring along your own knitting, crochet, sewing or craft project and chat awhile
- Story Book Art - 9.30-10.30am - weekly. Listen to a story and then do a fun craft with Sandbach Art Room. £3.00 per child; no need to book in advance. Refreshments and all materials provided. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Let's Meet on a Friday - weekly - A range of activities each month, usually at 10.00-12 noon or 10.30-11.30am
Other organisations in this library
Cheshire East Citizens Advice outreach service
Free drop-in service for information and advice on Wednesdays between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. (We start to give out number cards at 12.45, only four clients will be seen).
Macmillan Help Desk
There is a staffed help desk in the library on alternate Wednesday mornings.
Pilates class in the library every Tuesday at 10.45-11.45am.
University of the Third Age advice desk is available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, between 9.30am and 11.30am. The U3A Information Board is available inside the library building.