Crime writers in conversation
On Wednesday 14 November at 7.00pm join us for Cold Shores and Dark Peaks, as crime writers William Shaw and Sarah Ward discuss the role of landscape in their novels. Tickets £3.00, including wine. Booking essential.
Let's meet on a Friday
Would you like to meet new people and find new interests? Join us for our Meet on a Friday activities in November and December:
- Shared reading on 16 November and 21 December at 10.30-11.30am
- Make it in a Morning craft session on 23 November at 10.00-12.00 noon
- Reminisce and tea on 30 November at 10.00-12.00 noon
- iTea and Chat on 7 December at 10.00-12.00 noon
- Colouring for adults on 14 December at 10.00-12.00 noon
Free fun for all the family on Saturday 17 November at 10.30am. Join us for half an hour of songs and rhymes for preschool children and their families.
Opening hours survey
The opening hours survey is now closed. The results will be published on our website and in the library as soon as they are available. Thank you to everyone who commented on the proposed changes.
Strange Meeting performance
On Wednesday 21 November we are hosting Strange Meeting, a play about the life of war poet Wilfred Owen. The play introduces us to some of the colourful and even outrageous characters he met on his journey to the trenches. Wilfred Owen was a man of huge contradictions: committed to peace yet committed to fight, hugely influenced by God but finally godless, and mightily self-righteous while cavorting with men who might be imprisoned at any moment. Tickets £3.50 in advance.
Colette Warbrook author visit
On Saturday 1 December at 10.30am, author Colette Warbrook will be reading from her picture book, Help I've Lost my Llama. There will also be llama crafts for the children to enjoy at this free family event. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Christmas t-shirt painting
Join us on Saturday 8 December at 10.30-11.30am and paint your own Christmas t-shirt. £3.00 per t-shirt. Please book as places are limited. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
On Monday 10 December there will be a brass quartet in the library entertaining us with festive music. Free; refreshments available.
Christmas badge making
Call in anytime between Tuesday 11 and Friday 21 December and make a Christmas badge. 50p per badge. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Christmas crafts for tots
On Wednesday 19 December we have a special crafts session for young children at 10.30-11.30am. £1.00 per craft. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Let's cosy up for Christmas
Join us on Wednesday 19 December at 5.30-6.30pm and get in the mood for Christmas at our family friendly event. We'll be cosying up with our teddies in our pyjamas, to share festive stories, songs and activities. There'll be mince pies and hot chocolate, too! £1.00 per adult; 50p per child. Please book as places are limited. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
There is an IT Buddy available to help with computer basics, including email and browsing the internet. £2.50 per hour. Please contact the library for details and to book a place.
Sandbach Library on Facebook
Activities at Sandbach Library
- Book Lovers Group - 2.00-3.00pm - second Monday of the month. Share your love of reading, meet people and enjoy a drink and a chat
- Reading Group - 7.00pm - monthly. Annual fee of around £10 per person. Contact Rowena at the library for details of the next meeting
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - Weekly in term time only. Join us for stories old and new! Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Baby Bounce - 2.00-2.30pm- weekly in term time only. Free. Suitable for babies from 0 to walking age only
- Get on Line - 10.00-11.00am- weekly. Learn online basics to help you to access services online, using Learn my Way. Free, but please book as places are limited.
- LEGO Club - 3.30pm - monthly, on first Wednesday of each month. Please book in advance.
- Sandbach Readers - 6.45-8.00pm - Meet first and third Wednesday of the month. New members welcome
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Get on Line - 10.00-11.00am - weekly. Learn online basics to help you to access services online, using Learn my Way. Free, but please book as places are limited
Other organisations in this library
Cheshire East Citizens Advice outreach service
Free drop-in service for information and advice on Wednesdays between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. (We start to give out number cards at 12.45, only four clients will be seen).
Macmillan Help Desk
There is a staffed help desk in the library on alternate Wednesday mornings.
Pilates class in the library every Tuesday at 10.45-11.45am.
University of the Third Age advice desk is available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, between 9.30am and 11.30am. The U3A Information Board is available inside the library building.