How well do you know Cheshire?
Put your knowledge to the test in a fun quiz on Wednesday 19 September at 7.00-8.00pm. The quiz will be hosted by Kate Simon and Suzanne King, co-authors of Bradt's Slow Travel Cheshire. Kate and Suzanne will also talk about their experiences of researching and writing the book, and signed copies will be available to buy on the night. Tickets £2.00; please book in advance. Ticket price redeemable if you buy a copy of the book.
Free fun for all the family on Saturday 20 October and Saturday 17 November at 10.30am. Join us for half an hour of songs and rhymes for preschool children and their families.
There is an IT Buddy available to help with computer basics, including email and browsing the internet. £2.50 per hour. Please contact the library for details and to book a place.
Sandbach Library on Facebook
Activities at Sandbach Library
- Book Lovers Group - 2.00-3.00pm - second Monday of the month. Share your love of reading, meet people and enjoy a drink and a chat
- This is Not a Book Club - 3.45-4.45pm - monthly. Meets on the third Monday of each month. Free reading group for young people aged 6-10 years
- Reading Group - 7.00pm - monthly. Annual fee of around £10 per person. Contact Rowena at the library for details of the next meeting
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - Weekly in term time only. Join us for stories old and new! Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Baby Bounce - 2.00-2.30pm- weekly in term time only. Free. Suitable for babies from 0 to walking age only
- Get on Line - 10.00-11.00am- weekly. Learn online basics to help you to access services online, using Learn my Way. Free, but please book as places are limited.
- LEGO Club - 3.30pm - monthly, on first Wednesday of each month. Please book in advance.
- Sandbach Readers - 6.45-8.00pm - Meet first and third Wednesday of the month. New members welcome
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Get on Line - 10.00-11.00am - weekly. Learn online basics to help you to access services online, using Learn my Way. Free, but please book as places are limited
- Bored? Game Club - 10.30-11.30 - monthly. Aimed at children aged 4 or more years. Please contact the library for further details and dates
Other organisations in this library
Cheshire East Citizens Advice outreach service
Free drop-in service for information and advice on Wednesdays between 1.00pm and 4.00pm. (We start to give out number cards at 12.45, only four clients will be seen).
Cheshire Neighbours Credit Union
There will be a representative from the Cheshire Neighbours credit union in the library on Fridays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon.
Macmillan Help Desk
There is a staffed help desk in the library on alternate Wednesday mornings.
Pilates class in the library every Tuesday at 11.00am - 12.15pm.
University of the Third Age advice desk is available on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, between 9.30am and 11.30am. The U3A Information Board is available inside the library building.