National Poetry Day 2018
Children are invited to visit us on Thursday 4 October and write a poem to display on our poetry wall. Open to all children under 16. Ask at the desk for poetry paper.
Libraries Week 2018
Celebrate libraries at one of our special events:
- iTea and Biscuits on Monday 8 October at 10.00-12.00 noon. Bring along your laptop, tablet or smartphone and get help from one of our IT Buddies. Free, drop-in event
- Libraries Week coffee morning on Monday 8 October at 10.00-12.00 noon. Macmillan Cancer Support will be hosting an advice desk during this time
- Book Chat on Tuesday 9 October at 2.00-3.00pm. Join us for our regular informal book group. Contact the library for details of this month's theme or just drop in to listen or chat over tea or coffee
EU Code Week 2018
On Saturday 20 October at 10.00am - 3.00pm we have an amazing free drop-in Code-a-Drone event with Mako Create. Learn how to code a mini-drone to take off, fly, turn, and land safely. Then, take on a range of challenges that put these new skills to the test! No previous coding or drone flying experience necessary. Children aged under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Families welcome.
Join us on Thursday 25 October at 10.30am for a spooky edition of rhymetime for preschool children. Fancy dress welcome.
Ancestry taster sessions
The cost is £3.50 for an hour long one to one session. Please contact the library for details and to book a session.
Computer Buddy sessions
Basic computer skills sessions with an IT buddy are now available at the library at £2.50 per hour. This entitles you to an hour's free use of the computers after your tutored session to practice what you have learned. Please contact the library for more details.
Poynton Library on Facebook
Activities at Poynton Library
- Book Chat - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. All welcome to our informal book group, where we chat over a cup of tea or coffee. Next date is 9 October during Libraries Week
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.45pm - monthly, on first Thursday of each month. Free; no need to book. Suitable for children aged 4 years and over. Duplo available for younger siblings. Next date is 4 October
- Rhymetime - 10.30-11am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer