New opening hours
Please note that we are implementing new opening hours with effect from Monday 28 January. Our new hours will be:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday 9.00am - 7.00pm
- Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Sunday closed
Harry Potter night
Join us on Thursday 7 February at 6.00-7.30pm for readings from Harry Potter stories, followed by a sorting, a quiz, and a Harry Potter trail. Wizarding robes or fancy dress welcome, but not essential. Suggested age 7-11 years, but all welcome. Free; please book as places are limited.
There will also be a Harry Potter trail around the library during the half term holiday, 16-23 February.
Grab yourself a bargain from our sale of ex-library stock from Saturday 16 February.
On Wednesday 20 February at 10.00-11.30am we have a special Magic and Wizardry LEGO Club. £1.00 per child; booking essential.
On Wednesday 27 February, Mr Bookstart Bear will be coming to help us launch our new weekly rhymetime, which will be at 2.00-2.30pm on Wednesdays. This is in addition to our Thursday rhymetime at 10.30am.
Ancestry taster sessions
The cost is £3.50 for an hour long one to one session. Please contact the library for details and to book a session.
Computer Buddy sessions
Basic computer skills sessions with an IT buddy are now available at the library at £2.50 per hour. This entitles you to an hour's free use of the computers after your tutored session to practice what you have learned. Please contact the library for more details.
Poynton Library on Facebook
Activities at Poynton Library
- Book Chat - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. All welcome to our informal free book group, where we chat over a cup of tea or coffee. The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 12 February on the theme of plot devices
- Rhymetime - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Starts from 27 February 2019
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.45pm - monthly, on first Thursday of each month. Free; no need to book. Suitable for children aged 4 years and over. Duplo available for younger siblings. Next date is 7 February
- Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer