Learn my Way
Now could be a good time for you, or someone in your household, to learn how to use a computer or improve their digital skills. Learn my Way has over 30 free courses designed for beginners. At the moment there's no need to register, just choose the course/s you'd like to do and complete them at your own pace. There are also more advanced courses to help develop your digital skills. Learn how to stay connected to friends and family, stay safe online, and keep up to date and informed.
Already using Learn my Way? Log into your learner account using your library's Centre ID, 3904.
Ancestry taster sessions
The cost is £3.50 for an hour long one to one session. Please contact the library for details and to book a session.
Computer Buddy sessions
Basic computer skills sessions with an IT buddy are now available at the library at £2.50 per hour. This entitles you to an hour's free use of the computers after your tutored session to practice what you have learned. Please contact the library for more details.
Poynton Library on Facebook
Activities at Poynton Library
- Book Chat - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. All welcome to our informal free book group, where we chat over a cup of tea or coffee. No need to book
- Rhymetime - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Free; no need to book
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.45pm - monthly, on first Thursday of each month. Free; no need to book. Suitable for children aged 4 years and over. Duplo available for younger siblings
- Rhymetime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer. Free; no need to book
- LEGO Club - 1.00-2.30pm - monthly on first Friday of each month, during term time only. Free, and no need to book. Suitable for children aged 4 and over