Elmer Day crafts
Celebrate everyone's favourite patchwork elephant on Saturday 26 May with a special free craft session. Just call in between 10.00am and 12.00 noon.
Spring Bank Holiday opening hours
Please note that the library will be closed on Monday 28 May for the spring bank holiday.
Folk and Boat Festival 2018
Join us on Saturday 16 June for some canal inspired children's crafts. Just drop in between 10.00 and 12.00 noon. 50p per child.
Staying safe in a digital world
On Tuesday 19 and Thursday 21 June at 2.30-3.00pm we have a Learn my Way session to help you stay safe online and protect your family. Free, but please book in advance as places are limited
Middlewich Library on Facebook
Activities at Middlewich Library
- Book Appreciation Society - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly. Meets on one Monday of each month. Bring along one or two of your favourite books to read and discuss with the group. Free. Please contact the library for details of the dates
- Rhymetime for under 5's - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Children's book group - 5.00-6.00pm - monthly on last Thursday of each month. Free. Suitable for ages 7-12 years. If you love to read join us an chat about your favourite books and authors. Next date is 31 May on the theme of David Walliams
- Learn my Way - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on third Thursday of each month. Free drop-in session, ideal for beginners and anyone who is interested in learning more about using their computer or other device. Please contact the library for more information or to join the group
- Knit, stitch and natter - 2.30-4.00pm - fortnightly on first and third Fridays of each month. Free group for anyone who can knit, crochet or sew, or who wants to learn how. Free; bring your own materials and share your skills, patterns, tips and chat with like-minded crafters. Free; refreshments available for £1.00. Next dates are 1 and 15 June
- LEGO Club - 11.00-12.00 noon - monthly on the first Saturday of the month. Free group for children. Come along and build using our huge collection of LEGO pieces. Duplo available for children under 3. Free. Next date is 2 June on the theme of Pirates
Other organisations in the library
On Wednesday mornings at 9.00am-12.00 noon, Citizens Advice hold a drop-in session. Please note that the library is not open for other business at this time.
If you need support getting back into work why not join us at Middlewich Library every Wednesday between 10.00am and 12.00 noon? We have experienced advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work. There is no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.