Folded book art Christmas
On Saturday 14 December at 10.00-1.00pm, have a go at some book art and make a Christmas tree to take home. £2.00, including a mince pie and hot drink.
Join us for festive rhymes and songs on Tuesday 17 December at 10.30am. Meet a very special guest, and receive a gift. £1.00 per child; please book in advance.
Hot chocolate station
Visit our hot chocolate station and get into the festive spirit and enjoy a winter-warming hot chocolate decorated with mini-marshmallows and Christmas sprinkles.
Letter to Santa
Children can pick up a letter template at the library and write a letter to Santa and post it in our Christmas post box. Post it by Saturday 14 December for a magical reply!
Christmas and New Year opening hours
Please note that the library will close at 1.00pm on Tuesday 24 December for Christmas Eve. We will re-open at 9.30am on Friday 27 December.
Temporary closure for staff training
The library will be closed for staff training on the morning of Thursday 9 January, and will re-open at 2.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience. For any Council enquiries, please phone the Cheshire East Information Line on 0300 123 5500.
Children's library and new events
We are having a special re-fit of the children’s library in January, and we will be introducing two new children’s events: Storytime and Baby Bounce on alternate Thursday mornings at 10.30am-11.00am.
Middlewich Library on Facebook
Activities at Middlewich Library
- Meet on a Monday Club - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Meet new people and try a range of activities in an informal, relaxed setting. Different activities each week, including board games, jigsaws, colouring, shared reading and creative writing, and IT. All welcome on a regular or occasional basis. Free; £1.00 charge for refreshments. For further details contact Angus at the library
- Rhymetime for under 5's - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Learn my Way - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on third Thursday of each month. Free drop-in session, ideal for beginners and anyone who is interested in learning more about using their computer or other device. Please contact the library for more information or to join the group
- Check it Out - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly. After school club with games, books, crafts and much more - come and check it out. Parent/guardian accompaniment preferred. Next dates are 13 December, with festive fun and games, crafts and stories; and 24 January with Chinese New Year celebrations, including badge making and other games, crafts and stories
- Knit, stitch and natter - 2.00-3.00pm - weekly. Free group for anyone who can knit, crochet or sew, or who wants to learn how. Free; bring your own materials and share your skills, patterns, tips and chat with like-minded crafters. Free; refreshments available for £1.00
- Mini Builders - 10.30-11.30am - weekly. Duplo session suitable for toddlers and preschool children
- LEGO Club - 11.00-12.00 noon - monthly on the first Saturday of the month. Free group for children. Come along and build using our huge collection of LEGO pieces. Duplo available for children under 3. Free. Next dates are 7 December on the theme of video games; and 4 January 2020
Other organisations in the library
On Wednesday mornings at 9.00am-12.00 noon, Citizens Advice hold a drop-in session. Please note that the library is not open for other business at this time.
Springboard work hub
If you need support getting back into work, or you're looking for a change of job, why not join us at Middlewich Library every Wednesday between 10.00am and 12.00 noon? We have experienced advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Find a Job website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work. Free and there is no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is led by Congleton Learning Partnership. If you need any further information or to book an appointment, please call 01260 290682 or email email@example.com. Springboard – Skills to Succeed.