Late May bank holiday
The library will be closed on Monday 27 May for the late May bank holiday.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid event
Join us for a special children's event on Friday 31 May at 10.30-11.30am. £2.00 per child. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
On Tuesday 4 June at 10.30-11.00am we have a special pyjamarama rhymetime for under 5s and their parents/carers.
On Tuesday 4 June at 2.15-4.15pm local author, Sue Wincent-Dodd, will be here to talk about her latest book about her mother, Peggy Seddon.
Middlewich Library on Facebook
Activities at Middlewich Library
- Meet on a Monday Club - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Meet new people and try a range of activities in an informal, relaxed setting. Different activities each week, including board games, jigsaws, colouring, shared reading and creative writing, and IT. All welcome on a regular or occasional basis. Free; £1.00 charge for refreshments. For further details contact Angus at the library
- Rhymetime for under 5's - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Learn my Way - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on third Thursday of each month. Free drop-in session, ideal for beginners and anyone who is interested in learning more about using their computer or other device. Please contact the library for more information or to join the group
- Check it Out - 3.45-4.30pm - monthly. After school club with games, books, crafts and much more - come and check it out. Parent/guardian accompaniment preferred. Next date is 14 June on the theme of It's a Mystery
- Knit, stitch and natter - 2.00-3.00pm - weekly. Free group for anyone who can knit, crochet or sew, or who wants to learn how. Free; bring your own materials and share your skills, patterns, tips and chat with like-minded crafters. Free; refreshments available for £1.00
- Mini Builders - 10.30-11.30am - monthly on second Friday of each month. Duplo session suitable for toddlers and preschool children
- LEGO Club - 11.00-12.00 noon - monthly on the first Saturday of the month. Free group for children. Come along and build using our huge collection of LEGO pieces. Duplo available for children under 3. Free. Next date is 1 June on the theme of cowboys
Other organisations in the library
On Wednesday mornings at 9.00am-12.00 noon, Citizens Advice hold a drop-in session. Please note that the library is not open for other business at this time.
If you need support getting back into work why not join us at Middlewich Library every Wednesday between 10.00am and 12.00 noon? We have experienced advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work. Free and there is no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is led by Congleton Learning Partnership, in conjunction with the National Careers Service. Contact Cath on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.