Halloween costume swap
3 - 31 October. Bring in any usable and clean costumes to swap for Halloween.
Thursday 6 October - National Poetry Day
Macc Writers invites you to Macclesfield Library, 14.00 - 16.00pm.
Join them as they share their poems. Get involved and share your own and or a favourite by another poet. The theme of National Poetry day this year is ‘The Environment’. Free event, just drop in.
Libraries Week coffee morning
Celebrate your library on Saturday 8 October. Call in for refreshments between 10.00 and 12.00 noon.
Jeffrey Holland one-man show
Jeffrey Holland (Hi-de-Hi; You Rang M'Lord) and Cheshire Rural Touring Arts present ‘And This is my Friend Mr Laurel’ on Saturday 8 October at 7.30pm.
Set in Oliver Hardy’s bedroom, the action takes place as Laurel pays a visit to his sick friend, recounting their past success as one of the greatest cinematic partnerships of the century and providing an in depth, humorous and touching account of the comedian’s life. An intriguing and poignant tale of friendship, love and dedication.
Tickets £13.00; please book in advance via Ticketsource or in person at the library.
Friday 21 October - Get Online Week
Introduction to eBooks, audiobooks and emagazines. Drop in anytime between 10.00 - 12.00 noon for free assistance with any of our E-services. Bring your own device or use one of ours.
Storytelling and book signing with local author Angela Duffy
Saturday 22 October 10am.
Meet the author and illustrator of the children’s book ‘The Adventures of Perry and Pippin’. This is a free event, just drop in to the children’s library.
Would you like help with your digital devices? Sign up for an IT Buddy session at the library. Available on Wednesday mornings and Thursday afternoons by appointment only. Call or email us for further information and to book.
Macclesfield Library on Facebook
Activities at Macclesfield Library
- Crafternoon - 2.00-3.30pm - monthly. £3.00; please book in advance. Forthcoming dates are 3 and 31 October
- Crafty Chat - 2.00-2.30pm - twice a month. Bring your own craft, knitting, crochet, cross stich, arts and crafts project, and enjoy good company and refreshments. Free, drop-in event. Forthcoming dates are 12 and 26 September, and 10 October
- Not a Book Group - 2.00 - 3.00pm - monthly. Free; no need to book. Contact the library for further details. Date is Monday 17 October
- Stories and Songs - 10.00 - 10.30am - weekly, during term time. Stories, rhymes and activities for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Great for active toddlers – sitting is optional! Free; no need to book in advance
- Baby Bounce - 11.30 - 12 noon - weekly, during term time. Songs and rhymes for children aged 12 months and younger. Free; no need to book
- Adult Colouring - 2.00 - 3.00pm - monthly. Relax and get creative. Refreshments provided. Free; please book in advance. Forthcoming dates are 20 October
- Rhymetime - 11.30 - 12 noon - weekly, during term time. Songs and rhymes for babies and toddlers under 5. Free; no need to book
- Books Aloud - 11.00 - 12.00 noon - monthly, on the first Friday of each month. Friendly book discussion group. Extracts from two novels to be read and discussed. Free, drop-in event. Refreshments provided. Please book in advance. Forthcoming date is 7 October
Other organisations in this library
Work Hub at Macclesfield Library
The Springboard Work Hub is open at Macclesfield Library on Mondays.
Drop in sessions are from 12.00pm - 1.00pm.
If you would like a 121 meeting with Springboard's careers advisor, appointments are available from 9.15am - 11.45am.
You can book a appointment on the Springboard website, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on the telephone (07580 722 042).
Page last reviewed: 12 September 2022
Thank you for your feedback.