Matt Buckingham workshop
On Saturday 23 November at 11.00am we have a fun story and drawing workshop with the Bright Stanley author and illustrator, Matt Buckingham. Free, but please book in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Green Bean festive storytime
On Saturday 7 December we have a Green Bean storytime at 11.00am. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Santa's stories and puppets
On Thursday 12 December at 2.15pm, join us for a festive edition of storytime - with puppets!
On Friday 13 December we have a festive edition of rhymetime at 11.00am.
Christmas crafts for children
Come and make baubles, stars and stockings at one our free drop-in craft sessions on:
- Saturday 30 November at 10.30 -11.30am
- Tuesday 3 December at 3.30 – 4.30pm
- Saturday 14 December at 10.30– 11.30pm
IT Buddies available
If you would like to learn how to use a computer, browse the internet, or create an email account, please contact the library to arrange a session with one of our IT Buddies.
Ancestry taster sessions
Learn the basics of the Ancestry Library Edition genealogy website and start researching your family tree. £3.50 per hour. Please contact the library for further details or to book a session.
Knutsford Library on Facebook
Activities at Knutsford Library
- Current Affairs Discussion Group - 2.00-3.15pm - weekly. Share your bemusement at the ways of the world over a cup of tea or coffee. Free - all welcome
- Afternoon Tea Book Group - 2.15-3.15pm - alternate Tuesdays. Informal reading group, with no set book. Free; no need to book in advance
- Baby Rhymetime, for babies under 12 months - 2.15-2.45pm - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Help with IT - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Drop-in or book ahead for help with online basics using Learn My Way, online forms and internet applications
- Knutty Hookers Club - 9.30-11.00am - fortnightly. Crochet, chat and create on alternate Tuesdays
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on last Tuesday of each month
- Make Friends with a Book - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Make friends through shared reading. Refreshments available. Free, and no need to book
- Storytime- 2.15pm- term time only. Suitable for children aged 18 months and over. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
Canasta and games morning
We have a Canasta and Games Morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively at 10.00-12.00 noon. £1.00 charge. New members welcome.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Have you, or someone you know, been affected by cancer? We can help you find information and support in your local area. The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support stand will be in the library on alternate Thursday and Saturday mornings from 10.00 until 12.00 noon.
The University of the Third Age will be holding Mahjong sessions in the library on alternate Fridays at 10.00-12.00 noon.
Manchester Airport Community Information Point
Airport staff available to answer queries each Tuesday between 9.30am and 5pm, with the exception of the first Tuesday each month when the advice desk is available from 1pm to 7pm.
The University of the Third Age runs a Scrabble group each Friday at 2.00-4.00pm. £1.00 entry fee. New members welcome.
Springboard work hub
Do you need support getting back into work? Drop in and join a career advisor for free help with job searching online and CVs. Once a month on Fridays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. For more information telephone 01260 290682 and mention Knutsford Library Work Club, or ask at the library for the latest dates.
A group for creative writers who are seeking motivation and constructive feedback in a friendly and supportive environment. All genres welcome. Contact Alison at email@example.com for more information.