Opening hours consultation results
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the opening hours consultation between 24 September and 31 October. We asked whether you would prefer to keep the current hours or move to the proposed new opening hours. The results were:
- Move to new hours - 85%
- Keep current hours - 15%
We are proposing to implement the changes in early 2019.
IT Buddy volunteers needed
Are you confident using a computer, iPad, tablet or laptop? If you could commit to volunteering for an hour or two on a weekly or fortnightly basis to help beginners learn IT basics we'd like to hear from you. If you're interested, contact the library or find further details and an application form on our Volunteering web page. Closing date is Friday 4 January 2019.
Ancestry taster sessions
Learn the basics of the Ancestry Library Edition genealogy website and start researching your family tree. £3.50 per hour. Please contact the library for further details or to book a session.
Knutsford Library on Facebook
Activities at Knutsford Library
- Current Affairs Discussion Group - 2.00-3.15pm - weekly. Share your bemusement at the ways of the world over a cup of tea or coffee. Free - all welcome
- IT Buddy - 2.00-3.00pm and 3.00-4.00pm - weekly. Please contact the library to book a one hour session at a cost of £2.50
- Baby Rhymetime, for babies under 12 months - 2.15-2.45pm - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Help with IT - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Drop-in or book ahead for help with online basics using Learn My Way, online forms and internet applications
- Knutty Hookers Club - 9.30-11.00am - fortnightly. Crochet, chat and create on alternate Tuesdays
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on last Tuesday of each month
- Make Friends with a Book - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Make friends through shared reading. Refreshments available. Free, and no need to book
- Afternoon Tea Book Group - 2.00-3.15pm - every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month
- Story Sack- 2.15pm- term time only. Suitable for children aged 18 months and over. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
Canasta and games morning
We have a Canasta and Games Morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively at 10.00-12.00 noon. £1.00 charge. New members welcome.
Knutsford Job Advice Clinic
The Monday afternoon sessions are currently in abeyance. However, help is still available by appointment. Contact Anne Baker: email@example.com or 07803 936682, for information or to make an appointment.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Have you, or someone you know, been affected by cancer? We can help you find information and support in your local area. The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support stand will be in the library on alternate Thursday and Saturday mornings from 10.00 until 12.00 noon.
The University of the Third Age will be holding Mahjong sessions in the library on alternate Fridays at 10.00-12.00 noon.
Manchester Airport Community Information Point
Airport staff available to answer queries each Tuesday between 9.30am and 5pm, with the exception of the first Tuesday each month when the advice desk is available from 1pm to 7pm.
The University of the Third Age runs a Scrabble group each Friday at 2.00-4.00pm. £1.00 entry fee. New members welcome.
A group for creative writers who are seeking motivation and constructive feedback in a friendly and supportive environment. All genres welcome. Contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.