Big Garden Birdwatch craft event
On Thursday 24 January at 3.45pm, paint your own bird feeder and attract birds to your garden for the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch. Suitable for children aged 5 and over. Tickets £2.50; please book in advance as places are limited.
New opening hours
Please note that we are implementing new opening hours with effect from Monday 28 January. Our new hours will be:
- Monday and Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 9.00am - 7.00pm
- Wednesday and Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Sunday closed
IT Buddies available
If you would like to learn how to use a computer, browse the internet, or create an email account, please contact the library to arrange a session with one of our IT Buddies.
Ancestry taster sessions
Learn the basics of the Ancestry Library Edition genealogy website and start researching your family tree. £3.50 per hour. Please contact the library for further details or to book a session.
Knutsford Library on Facebook
Activities at Knutsford Library
- Current Affairs Discussion Group - 2.00-3.15pm - weekly. Share your bemusement at the ways of the world over a cup of tea or coffee. Free - all welcome
- Adult Colouring In - 2.30-4.30pm - monthly on second Tuesday of the month. Materials are provided, but feel free to bring your own if you prefer. Refreshments available; donations much appreciated
- Afternoon Tea Book Group - 2.15-3.15pm - alternate Tuesdays. Informal reading group, with no set book. Free; no need to book in advance. Next dates are 22 January, 5 and 19 February, 5 and 19 March, and 2 April
- Baby Rhymetime, for babies under 12 months - 2.15-2.45pm - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Help with IT - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Drop-in or book ahead for help with online basics using Learn My Way, online forms and internet applications
- Knutty Hookers Club - 9.30-11.00am - fortnightly. Crochet, chat and create on alternate Tuesdays
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on last Tuesday of each month
- Make Friends with a Book - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Make friends through shared reading. Refreshments available. Free, and no need to book
- Story Sack- 2.15pm- term time only. Suitable for children aged 18 months and over. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
Canasta and games morning
We have a Canasta and Games Morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively at 10.00-12.00 noon. £1.00 charge. New members welcome.
On the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, Joe Godden, Knutsford Labour candidate for Cheshire East, will be here between 5.45 and 6.45pm. Come and discuss your issues and concerns about local politics.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Have you, or someone you know, been affected by cancer? We can help you find information and support in your local area. The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support stand will be in the library on alternate Thursday and Saturday mornings from 10.00 until 12.00 noon.
The University of the Third Age will be holding Mahjong sessions in the library on alternate Fridays at 10.00-12.00 noon.
Manchester Airport Community Information Point
Airport staff available to answer queries each Tuesday between 9.30am and 5pm, with the exception of the first Tuesday each month when the advice desk is available from 1pm to 7pm.
The University of the Third Age runs a Scrabble group each Friday at 2.00-4.00pm. £1.00 entry fee. New members welcome.
A group for creative writers who are seeking motivation and constructive feedback in a friendly and supportive environment. All genres welcome. Contact Alison at email@example.com for more information.