Late May bank holiday
The library will be closed on Monday 27 May for the late May bank holiday.
Hunt the bear around the library from Saturday 25 May, and enjoy a treat for all your hard work!
Elmer Day celebrations
On Friday 31 May at 11.00-11.30am we are celebrating 30 years of Elmer with stories, songs and crafts. Suitable for pre-school children. Free, but please book in advance.
Bookstart Pyjamarama Week events
Pop along in your pyjamas to one of our special free events for pre-school children. Every child receives a free copy of Car,Car, truck, Jeep by Nick Sharratt:
- On Thursday 6 June at 2.15pm we have a storytime with crafts
- On Friday 7 June at 11.00am we have rhymetime
- On Saturday 8 June at 11.00am we have storytime with Sarah Parkinson
IT Buddies available
If you would like to learn how to use a computer, browse the internet, or create an email account, please contact the library to arrange a session with one of our IT Buddies.
Ancestry taster sessions
Learn the basics of the Ancestry Library Edition genealogy website and start researching your family tree. £3.50 per hour. Please contact the library for further details or to book a session.
Knutsford Library on Facebook
Activities at Knutsford Library
- Current Affairs Discussion Group - 2.00-3.15pm - weekly. Share your bemusement at the ways of the world over a cup of tea or coffee. Free - all welcome
- Afternoon Tea Book Group - 2.15-3.15pm - alternate Tuesdays. Informal reading group, with no set book. Free; no need to book in advance
- Baby Rhymetime, for babies under 12 months - 2.15-2.45pm - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Help with IT - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Drop-in or book ahead for help with online basics using Learn My Way, online forms and internet applications
- Knutty Hookers Club - 9.30-11.00am - fortnightly. Crochet, chat and create on alternate Tuesdays
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - monthly on last Tuesday of each month. Next date is 28 May
- Make Friends with a Book - 11.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Make friends through shared reading. Refreshments available. Free, and no need to book
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
Canasta and games morning
We have a Canasta and Games Morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays respectively at 10.00-12.00 noon. £1.00 charge. New members welcome.
Macmillan Cancer Support
Have you, or someone you know, been affected by cancer? We can help you find information and support in your local area. The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support stand will be in the library on alternate Thursday and Saturday mornings from 10.00 until 12.00 noon.
The University of the Third Age will be holding Mahjong sessions in the library on alternate Fridays at 10.00-12.00 noon.
Manchester Airport Community Information Point
Airport staff available to answer queries each Tuesday between 9.30am and 5pm, with the exception of the first Tuesday each month when the advice desk is available from 1pm to 7pm.
The University of the Third Age runs a Scrabble group each Friday at 2.00-4.00pm. £1.00 entry fee. New members welcome.
A group for creative writers who are seeking motivation and constructive feedback in a friendly and supportive environment. All genres welcome. Contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Next dates are 7 June and 5 July