Local and Community History month
If you'd like to learn how to get started tracing your family tree online, we have Ancestry for Beginners sessions on Monday 23 and Monday 30 May, at 2.00 - 3.00pm. £3.00 per session. Please book in advance.
Elmer stories and songs
Join us on Friday 27 May at 11.00 - 11.30am for an Elmer themed Stories and Songs session, with a colourful elephant craft. Free; no booking required. Suitable for pre-school children and their parents/carers.
Platinum Jubilee crafts
Drop in during open hours between Saturday 14 May and Tuesday 31 May, and help us decorate the library for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee by making a hand-printed flag for our bunting.
From Friday 27 May there will be more drop-in Jubilee themed crafts for half-term.
On Tuesday 31 May at 11.00am you are invited to a Royal Rhymetime at ‘Buckingham Palace’. Suitable for pre-school children and their parents/carers. No need to book in advance. Fascinators are encouraged!
Castle and Palace LEGO club challenge
Come and get creative from 3.30 - 4.30pm on Tuesday 31 May. Free; no need to book. Suitable for primary school children. Duplo available for younger siblings. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Platinum Jubilee bank holidays
The library will be closed on Thursday 2 June and Friday 3 June for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee bank holidays.
Jubilee coffee morning
Join us on Saturday 4 June when we'll be celebrating the Platinum Jubilee with our residents. Drop in between 10.00am and 12.30pm for coffee and cake. You can chat to staff and other customers, share memories, and see film footage of past royal celebrations and visits in Cheshire. A corgi hunt and colouring activities will be available for children.
IT Buddy sessions
These are one-to-one taster sessions for beginners in IT. You can bring your own tablet or laptop, or used one of our fixed People’s Network computers for a maximum of three sessions with one of our IT-savvy volunteers. Sessions are free of charge, but they must be booked in advance and are subject to availability. Please get in touch with us for more information or to make a booking.
Knutsford Library on Facebook
Activities at Knutsford Library
- Baby Bounce - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly. Suitable for babies under 1 year. Free; no need to book
- Current Affairs discussion group - 2.00 – 3.00pm - weekly. Put the world to rights, or simply catch up with the latest goings-on. All welcome. Free of charge; donations for tea/coffee welcomed
- LEGO Club - 3.30 - 4.30pm - monthly, on the last Tuesday of each month. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Free; no need to book, just drop in. Suitable for children aged 5 and over. Duplo available for smaller children
- Rhymetime - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly. Suitable for pre-school children. Free; no need to book
- Afternoon Tea Book Group (adults) - 2.15 - 3.15pm - monthly, on the first Thursday of each month. Pop along and join us as we discuss what we're currently reading
- Mindful Colouring (adults) - 2.15 - 3.15pm - on the second and fourth Thursday of each month
- Stories and Songs - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly. Stories, rhymes and activities for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Great for active toddlers – sitting is optional! Free; no need to book in advance. Elmer themed session on Friday 27 May
Other organisations in this library
Other leisure groups meet in the library such as Scrabble, Canasta, Writers’ Group, and Crochet. Please ask at the library for contact details as these groups are run independently from Cheshire Libraries and have their own group organisation arrangements.
Page last reviewed: 19 May 2022
Thank you for your feedback.