Home library service
Are you, or someone you know, unable to visit the library? We provide a free monthly home library service to local people who are housebound or unable to carry their own books to and from the library. Please get in touch with us for details.
We offer free IT Buddy sessions for people who want help to get started online or to develop their basic computer skills. Please contact the library to make an appointment.
Work Hub at Holmes Chapel Library
The Springboard Work Hub is offering an appointment based service on alternate Fridays. There are 30 minute appointments available between 10.00 and 12.00 noon. You can book an appointment via the Springboard website, or you can email email@example.com or call Lynne Singleton on 07580 722 042.
You can choose a face to face, telephone or Zoom appointment, and the careers advisors are able to support you with:
- careers advice
- CV creation or review
- job search
- job applications
- interview preparation
- training opportunities
- assistance with online Universal Credit accounts
Holmes Chapel Library on Facebook
Activities at Holmes Chapel Library
- Book Group - 2.00 - 3.15pm - every two weeks. Share ideas on books you have read recently. Contact the library for dates
- Activities - 10.00 - 11.00am - weekly. Join us for activities and refreshments. We have jigsaws, games, books, and adult colouring. All welcome
- Storytime - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly. Suitable for pre-school children. Free; booking is essential
- Rhymetime - 11.00 - 11.30am - weekly, in term time only. Suitable for pre-school children. Free; booking is essential
- Make Friends With a Book - 2.00 - 4.00pm - weekly. A shared reading group, where we read a book aloud and discuss it over refreshments
Other organisations in this library
All activities have been suspended until further notice due to the Coronavirus pandemic.