Stop motion animation
On Monday 19 August at 10.00-12.00 noon work in pairs to create a stop motion animation film. Suitable for children aged 7 years and over. £3.50 per child; booking essential. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Summer bank holiday
The library will be closed on Monday 26 August for the summer bank holiday.
Children can enjoy crafts every Monday at 10.00-11.00am until 12 August. All ages welcome. £4.00 per child; please book in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
On Tuesday 27 August at 11.00-12.00 noon enjoy an interactive talk and activities about our wonderful moon with Macclesfield Astronomical Society. Suitable for children aged 5 years and over. free, but please book in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Becky Musto storyteller
On Friday 30 August at 2.00-2.30pm, enjoy an exciting interactive space themed story session with professional storyteller, Becky Musto. Suitable for children aged 4 years and over. £2.00 per child; booking essential. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
IT Buddy sessions
These are available on request to help you with computer basics, email or family history online. £2.50 per hour. Please contact the library for details.
Holmes Chapel Library on Facebook
Activities at Holmes Chapel Library
- Afternoon Tea Book Group - 2.15pm - fortnightly. Please contact the library for details of this free library book group. Friendship, conversation and refreshments available
- Roots: family history group - 2.45-4.00pm - monthly. Free. Please contact the library for further details and dates of meetings
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30am - weekly during term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- IT helpstation - 10.00-11.00am - weekly
- Make friends with a book - 2.00-3.00pm - weekly. Shared reading group, facilitated by The Reader Organisation. Friendship, conversation and refreshments
Other organisations in this library
Rural Information and Advice Officer
Get free information and advice on a range of topics, such as health, housing, finances, benefits checks, and community services. Available on the second Wednesday of the month at 10.30-12.00 noon.