Disley Library consultation
In November 2017 Cheshire East Council proposed delivering £0.15m savings from the library service budget as part of its pre-budget consultation process, by closing the three smallest libraries in the borough at Alderley Edge, Disley and Prestbury.
As a result of responses received via an online survey, emails and letters, the proposal to close libraries has been reviewed.
The recommendation is for these libraries to remain open. However, financial pressures upon the Council mean savings still need to be found. It is, therefore, recommended that a saving of £0.046m be achieved by reducing the opening hours from 25 hours to 20 hours per week and revising staffing at both Alderley Edge and Disley libraries, and from an increased grant from the Ann Whittaker trust towards the running of Prestbury Library.
We have used the feedback received as part of the pre-budget consultation process and the 2016 Library Survey to guide us in compiling a new pattern of opening hours, which will:
- provide access over more days than currently
- provide a more memorable pattern of hours
- accommodate the majority of existing activities
It is proposed that from Monday 4 June 2018 Disley Library opening hours and activities will be:
- Monday - closed
- Tuesday 9.00am-1.00pm. Toddler group
- Wednesday 9.00am-1.00pm. Cuppa and Chat
- Thursday 2.00-6.00pm. Rhymetime
- Friday 2.00-6.00pm. Book group and LEGO
- Saturday 9.00-1.00pm. Coffee morning
We welcome your feedback, so please complete a feedback form at the library and post it into the box provided. Please respond by 3 April 2018. Thank you.
Computer Skills with an IT Buddy
Would you like to learn basic computer skills with the help of an IT Buddy? If so, please contact the library to book a two hour session for £2.00.
Disley Library On Facebook
Activities at Disley Library
- Mini Mega Blocks Club - 2.00-3.00pm - weekly. All babies and toddlers welcome
- Under 5s Rhymetime - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Keen Cooks Book Group - 2.00-3.30pm - monthly, on the first Friday of each month. Chat about recipe books or even bring along samples, and get inspiration for the following month. Please book in advance
- LEGO Club - 3.30-5.00pm - weekly. Free admission