Learn my Way
Now could be a good time for you, or someone in your household, to learn how to use a computer or improve their digital skills. Learn my Way has over 30 free courses designed for beginners. At the moment there's no need to register, just choose the course/s you'd like to do and complete them at your own pace. There are also more advanced courses to help develop your digital skills. Learn how to stay connected to friends and family, stay safe online, and keep up to date and informed.
Already using Learn my Way? Log into your learner account using your library's Centre ID, 3418.
Volunteers are available on selected weekdays for 1:1 basic IT sessions and advice. Get help with your device or learn the basics of getting online. £2.50 per hour. Booking is essential.
Crewe Library on Facebook
Activities at Crewe Library
- IT and Chat - 10.00-12.00 noon - alternate Mondays. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to help with your technology queries. Please contact the library for further information
- Mini Makers Club - 4.00-5.00pm - alternate Mondays during term time. Try out different STEM activities in a fun environment. Activities will include build challenges, crafting, coding and much more. Suitable for children aged 7 and over. Places are free but limited, so please sign up for any session/s at the library
- Monday Funday - 11.00-11.30am - weekly. Encouraging interaction and audience participation using our toys, instruments, bubbles, technology and parachute as well as stories, songs, rhymes and plenty of movement. Suitable for pre-school children
- Creative Writers Group - 5.30-6.45pm - third Tuesday of each month. £2.00 per session, including refreshments. Please contact Angus at the library for further details
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - first Tuesday of the month. Open to all school age children, who must be accompanied by an adult. Free
- Reading Group - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on last Tuesday of each month. £1.00 per session. Come along and discuss the book you've read during the month over a cup of tea or coffee
- Under 5s storytime - 10.00 -10.30am - weekly stories, songs and rhymes. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Family history help - 2.00-4.00pm - monthly on third Friday of the month. Get help and discover our print and online family history resources with our Local Studies Librarian
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
HearSay shared reading group
HearSay is a shared reading group for anyone over the age of 16. Listen to stories and poems read aloud and chat over tea and biscuits in a friendly, welcoming environment. The group meets every Thursday at 1.00-2.30pm.
Motherwell Cheshire reading group
The Motherwell Cheshire reading group is for mums, and meets in the library once a month on Wednesday afternoons at 1.30 - 2.30pm. If you can't make it to the group, you can participate online via the Motherwell Facebook group. There are plenty of picture books and toys to keep the children entertained whilst you have your discussion and refreshments will be provided. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01606 557666.
Springboard work hub
If you need support getting back into work, or you're looking for a change of job, then why not join us at Crewe Library every Tuesday between 10.00am and 4.00pm? We have experienced careers advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Find a Job website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work, or find out how to develop your skills with one of our training courses. There's no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The hub is run in conjunction with Cheshire Learning Partnership. If you need any further information or to book an appointment, please call 01260 290682 or email email@example.com.
Springboard – Skills to Succeed.