Late May bank holiday
The library will be closed on Monday 27 May for the late May bank holiday.
Big rocket build
On Tuesday 28 May Mark Haig from Gizmobots will be running an amazing workshop, using recycled electronic waste to create a huge group rocket. This is an all day workshop from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Suitable for children aged 8 years and over. Please book in advance.
Leap for lemurs
On Thursday 30 May at 11.00-11.45am the Chester Zoo Safari Rangers will be telling us all about lemurs and the amazing island habitat of Madagascar. Suitable for children aged 5-11 years. Please book in advance.
How to speak gorilla
On Thursday 30 May at 2.00-3.00pm discover how to walk, think and speak like a gorilla in this fascinating fun interactive talk with celebrated field zoologist, Michael Leach. Suitable for children aged 5-11 years. Please book in advance.
Mini Makers club
Mini Makers is a six-week club for children aged 7-11, on Mondays at 4.00-500pm. Try out different STEM activities in a fun environment. Activities will include build challenges, crafting, coding and much more. Places are free but limited, so please book in advance. For more information contact the library.
Volunteers are available on selected weekdays for 1:1 basic IT sessions and advice. Get help with your device or learn the basics of getting online. £2.50 per hour. Booking is essential.
Crewe Library on Facebook
Activities at Crewe Library
- IT and Chat - 10.00-12.00 noon - alternate Mondays. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to help with your technology queries. Please contact the library for further information
- Monday Funday - 11.00-11.30am - weekly. Encouraging interaction and audience participation using our toys, instruments, bubbles, technology and parachute as well as stories, songs, rhymes and plenty of movement. Suitable for pre-school children
- Creative Writers Group - 5.30-6.45pm - third Tuesday of each month. £2.00 per session, including refreshments. Please contact Angus at the library for further details
- LEGO Club - 4.00-5.00pm - first Tuesday of the month. Open to all school age children, who must be accompanied by an adult. Free
- Reading Group - 2.00-3.00pm - monthly on last Tuesday of each month. £1.00 per session. Come along and discuss the book you've read during the month over a cup of tea or coffee
- Under 5s storytime - 10.00 -10.30am - weekly stories, songs and rhymes. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Family history help - 2.00-4.00pm - monthly on third Friday of the month. Get help and discover our print and online family history resources with our Local Studies Librarian
- Under 5s rhymetime - 11.00-11.30 - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
HearSay shared reading group
HearSay is a shared reading group for anyone over the age of 16. Listen to stories and poems read aloud and chat over tea and biscuits in a friendly, welcoming environment. The group meets every Thursday at 1.00-2.30pm.
Police Community Support Officer advice desk
Local PCSO, Tracy Burndred, will be in the library every 5th Monday of the month. Just drop in between 10.00 and11.30am to meet her.
If you need support getting back into work then why not join us at Crewe Library every Tuesday between 10.00am and 4.00pm? We have experienced careers advisors on hand to help with CV writing, job application forms, and we can help you with the Universal Job Match website. You can access the latest jobs online and search the local papers for work, or find out how to develop your skills with one of our training courses. There's no need to book; just drop in. We even have free tea and coffee available.
The club is run in conjunction with Congleton Learning Centre, as part of the East Cheshire Work Club Network. Contact Cath on 01260 290 682 or 07580 724 932 for more information.