Save Money at Your Library Week, 14-19 January
We have several events planned throughout the week:
- It's Debatable, Thursday 17 January at 2.30-3.30pm. Share your bemusement at the ways of the world over refreshments. Topics will include books versus Kindle, and New Year resolutions. Free
- iTea and Biscuits, Friday 18 January at 10.30-11.30am. Got a new laptop, smartphone or tablet? Get answers to your IT queries over refreshments. Free
- Stories and Rhymes, Saturday 19 January at 11.30am. Stories and rhymes for all the family to enjoy. Free
Join us for music and a sing-a-long on Wednesday 23 January at 10.30-11.30am. Free; refreshments available.
Opening hours consultation results
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the opening hours consultation between 24 September and 31 October. We asked whether you would prefer to keep the current hours or move to the proposed new opening hours. The results were:
- Move to new hours - 80%
- Keep current hours - 20%
We are proposing to implement the changes in early 2019.
We have IT Buddies available to offer 1:1 computer and Ancestry lessons most days of the week, for only £2.50. Please contact the library for more information and to book.
Congleton Library on Facebook
Activities at Congleton Library
- Tea and Story - 2.30-3.30pm - fourth Monday of each month (except Bank Holidays). Relax and chat with refreshments and enjoy short story and poetry readings. All welcome. Next date is 28 January
- Crafternoon Tea - 2.00-3.30pm - monthly on second Tuesday of each month. £1.00 donation towards materials; no need to book
- Under 5s Storytime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- LEGO Club - 3.30-5.00pm - weekly. Free; children must be accompanied by an adult
- Under 5s rhymetime - 10.30-11.00am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Family activities - 10.00-12.00 noon - weekly. Join us for free drop-in crafts, games, LEGO or colouring
Other organisations in this library
Congleton Credit Union
A representative will be in the Registrar Office on the lower ground floor of the library every Saturday morning between 10.00 and 11.00am. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or CCCU, 12 Swan Bank, Congleton, CW12 1AH for further information.
Congleton and District Horticultural Society
The group meets in the library on the last Wednesday of the month at 7.30-9.30pm. Bringing together people who enjoy any aspect of horticulture; be it gardening, growing to show, listening to talks, visiting gardens and much more. A variety of speakers are invited to give a talk at each meeting. Non-members are welcome. £4.00 per meeting; £2.50 for members. Contact 07968 186293 for more information.
Congleton Family History Society
The group meets in the library on the third Tuesday of the month at 7.30-9.30pm. Congleton Family History Society consists of family history enthusiasts with a broad knowledge of national and local history.
Congleton History Society
The group meets in the library on the second Wednesday of the month at 7.30-9.00pm, from September to May. Meetings typically feature talks by members or visiting speakers. We aim to encourage research and interest in local history and historical subjects in general. Visitors are welcome. £3.00 per meeting, or become a member for just £8.00 per year. Contact email@example.com or 01260 274 736.
Free class every Wednesday at 10.30am-12.30pm during term time only. Do you or someone you know have hearing loss and feel left out of conversations? Contact Debra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07791 951 577.
Macmillan Cancer Support
There is a representative from Macmillan in the library every fortnight on a Wednesday. Drop in between 10.00am and 12.00 noon for advice on treatments, benefits, support groups and more. Contact the library for dates.
Police Community Support Officer
The local Police Community Support Officer will hold a surgery in the library once a month. Please contact the library for details of the next visit.
The Registrar is available in the ground floor office at Congleton Library on Mondays and Wednesdays strictly by appointment only. Phone 0300 123 5019 for an appointment.
Saturday coffee mornings
Meet a variety of local clubs, churches and groups in the meeting room most Saturdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. Contact the library for more information.
U3A poetry group
The group meets on the third Friday of the month at 11.00am-12.30pm. A friendly poetry reading group for Congleton U3A members.