One night in Beartown
On Monday 30 May at 10.30am, meet well-known local author, Nick Jones, for a story and craft workshop. Suitable for children aged 5 and over. Tickets £10.00 per child. Includes your very own signed copy of the One Night in Beartown book! Please book in advance.
Jubilee tea party
Join us on Tuesday 31 May at 2.00 - 3.15pm, and reminisce over the past 70 years. bring along a special memory, photo or object.
On Wednesday 1 June at 9.30 - 11.30am, we have a drop-in Jubilee craft session for children of all ages.
Plus, there will be a treasure hunt and takeaway craft packs available all week.
Platinum Jubilee bank holidays
The library will be closed on Thursday 2 June and Friday 3 June for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee bank holidays.
On Saturday 4 June at 10.15 - 11.30am, rock around the record player. Bring your favourite vinyl from the past 70 years. Plus, a royal quiz, tea, cake and more!
We'll have free drop-in children's crafts between 9.30am and 12.30pm. Have a go at crafts, badgemaking, games, a quiz and cake!
Computer lessons for beginners
Need help setting up an email account or getting online? We can offer you free 1:1 tuition for one hour. Just ask a member of staff for more details.
If you'd like to find out how you can trace your family tree online, book an online family research lesson with our friendly volunteer who will show you how to use Ancestry, Find My Past and other online resources. Contact the library for details.
Congleton Library on Facebook
Activities at Congleton Library
- Code Club - 5.30pm - weekly. Free code club for children aged 7 - 11. learn how to make games, animations and websites. Contact the library to book as places are limited
- Story & Tea (for grown ups!) - 2.30pm - monthly on the fourth Monday of the month. Come along to our friendly reading group with a difference. Relax with refreshments and listen to poetry and short story readings. Contact the library for dates. Free; everyone welcome
- Keen Cooks - 2.15pm - monthly on the second Tuesday of the month. Join the tastiest book group in town! With a different theme each month, we’ll discuss ingredients, swap recipes and share hints & tips over refreshments. Contact the library for dates. Free; all welcome
- Stories and Songs - 10.30 - 11.00am - weekly. Stories, rhymes and activities for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Great for active toddlers – sitting is optional! Free; no need to book in advance
- Crafternoon Tea - 2.00 - 3.30pm - monthly on the first and third Wednesday of the month. Try a different craft at our monthly group for adults. Meet new people, share skills and relax. No skill required! Only £1.00; includes all materials and refreshments. Booking required. Contact the library for date of next meeting and to book
- Crafty Natter - 2.30 - 3.30pm - on alternate Wednesdays. All crafters and abilities welcome. Come and craft and chat over a cuppa and cake. Contact the library for dates
- Good Vibrations - 10.30 - 11.30am - alternate Wednesdays. Join us for a feel good sing-a-long with guitar accompaniment. Refreshments available. Free; all welcome. Join us for a Right Royal Sing-along on Wednesday 1 June!
- Pre-school Fun - 9.30 - 11.30am - weekly. Games, crafts, stories or colouring. Free, drop-in session
- Babbling Books - 2.00 - 3.00pm - alternate Thursdays. Join our reading group with a difference. We chat about what we're reading, share favourites and recommend to each other. Discover your next great read. Free; all welcome. Contact the library for dates
- Baby Rhymetime - 2.15 - 2.45pm - weekly. Share songs and rhymes especially chosen for your little ones under 12 months or not yet walking. Bring along a cosy blanket to lie your baby on. Free
- Relish Book group - 1.00 - 3.00pm - weekly. A chance for adults living with mental health issue to socialise, relax and enjoy sharing books that are read together. £3.00, includes refreshments. Call the library for further details
- Rhymetime - 10.30 - 11.00am - weekly. Suitable for pre-school children. Free event
- Let's Chat - 2.00pm - monthly on the first Friday of each month. Do you like to chat? Do you like to meet people? Join us for a cuppa and talk about what is going on around the world and who or what is making the headlines. Free, all welcome
Other organisations in this library
All activities have been suspended until further notice due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Page last reviewed: 17 May 2022
Thank you for your feedback.