Community coffee mornings
Chat to the Nat West Community Banker on Wednesdays 22 January, and 5 and 19 February. Discover all the activities organised by the Alsager branch of the U3A on Wednesdays 5 and 19 February.
On Wednesday 5 February, discover more about Pathfinder Cheshire East, a service helping to provide information and one-to-one support on a range of matters including social and financial. You can also have a chat with Kath, who can provide information about Heydays - a group for elderly vulnerable people. Plus, Jenna from the Deafness Support Network will be here providing information about the DSN and their activities, and promoting their new group 'You, Me and Tea'.
On Wednesday 12 February, One You Cheshire East will be offering free advice about health and lifestyle, including weight loss and stopping smoking, through dedicated classes. Plus, representatives from ANSA will have tips and advice on all aspects of recycling and reducing waste.
On Wednesday 19 February, find out more about the Donna Louise Trust, a children's and young person's hospice based in Staffordshire.
You, me and tea
You, Me and Tea is a group organised by the Deafness Support Network and welcomes everyone who is living with hearing loss and/or memory problems, plus their carers and friends. Join the fun for lunch, make friends, take part in fun activities and more. Starts on Wednesday 12 February at 1.00-3.00pm. Places are limited so please book in advance by calling 0333 220 5050.
Carers hub is a social place where carers can receive help, support and advice - as well as refreshments. Join us on Tuesday 18 February at 1.00-3.00m.
On Wednesday 26 February, chat to a representative from the Red Cross and discover more about the work they do. Plus, chat with Jenny from Walking for Health, and find out about this new walking group promoted by Merepark Medical Centre.
New to computers? Alsager Library offers the help of an IT Buddy. Please contact the library for further details and to book a 1-hour slot for £2.50.
Alsager Library on Facebook
Activities at Alsager Library
- Fifty Shades of Colour - 2.00-4.00pm - weekly. Adult colouring club. 50p, including refreshments
- Rhymetime for pre-schoolers - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Mystery and Thriller Book Group - 2.30pm - monthly on the second Tuesday of each month. Free. Come along for an interesting and entertaining chat about the authors you love, and discover new authors to try. Refreshments available. Next date is 11 February
- Coffee morning - 10.00am - 12.00 noon - weekly. Hosted by the Friends of the Library. Look out for details of special community guests each month
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - weekly. Free; no need to book. Come and make a model
- Alsager Memory Cafe - 10.30am-12.30pm - monthly on last Friday of each month. Next dates are 31 January and 28 February
- Little Bookworms - 10.00am - 10.30am - weekly during term-time only. Stories and music
- Rhymetime for ages 0-18 months - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly, term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Ancestry workshop - call for an appointment - £3.50 for 1-hour session using this online family history resource
- Saturday children's events - we hold various children's activities on Saturday mornings. Please check our Facebook page or contact the library for further details
Other organisations in this library
Alsager Chess Club
Want to learn how to play chess? Come along for a lesson with the club on Wednesdays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Free, just drop in.
Alsager Creative Stitchers
The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 2.00pm - 4.00pm for a variety of activities, talks and workshops. Next date is 4 February
Citizens Advice Bureau
Drop in for help and advice on a range of topics on Tuesdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. No appointments required as the session is run on a first come, first served basis.
Classes take place in the library on Thursday afternoons. Please contact us to confirm dates and times. There is a charge for these classes.
U3A information board
There is an information board in the library with details of contacts and activities.
Adult Yoga Classes on:
- Tuesdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 7.30pm - 9.00pm
There is a charge for these classes. Please contact the library to check the details.