New book group
On Tuesday 16 October at 2.30pm we are launching a new Book Group for lovers of mysteries and thrillers. Come along for an interesting and entertaining chat about your favourite authors and discover new one to try. Free; refreshments available.
EU Code Week 2018
On Saturday 20 October the Wavemaker mobile digital laboratory will be outside the library between 10.00am and 3.00pm. Young makers will be able to try the following activities:
- Electronic orchestra: Using our Makey Makey devices, we’ll demonstrate and discuss simple circuits and the differences between parallel and serial circuit design and functions, as well as switches. Participants will be able to create their own circuits to create their choice of music. Play a music masterpiece with fruit and play-doh!
- Robot Coding challenge: A hands on introduction to what we need programming for and why it is an important skill for the future. Participants will get to programme, control and navigate a spherical robot through a maze / set course
- Intro to 3D Printing and Manufacture: 3D design, printing and manufacture with a discussion and demonstration of current and future technologies, followed by a chance to get hands on with 3D design software and techniques
Alsager Railway Association
Meet members of ARA on Saturday 20 October and learn more about their activities. There will be model railways on display between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. A must for enthusiasts of all ages.
Nat West community banker
Pop in for a chat about banking matters with Jane at our coffee morning on Wednesday 24 October.
Royal British Legion
Chat to members of the Alsager branch on Saturday 27 October between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Discover more about the work of this charity and whether you could get involved.
Join us on Tuesday 30 October at 2.30-4.00pm and get your pumpkin ready for Halloween. Tickets £2.00; please book in advance and bring your own pumpkin. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Opening hours survey
Cheshire East Library Service regularly reviews library opening hours across the service. We would like to open Alsager Library an additional 2.5 hours per week. These changes will mean we can use our staff more effectively at busier times of the week. You can let us know whether you would prefer to keep the current opening hours or move to the proposed new opening hours by contacting the library or by completing our Alsager Library opening hours survey. Please respond by the end of October.
Macmillan help desk
On Mondays 5 and 19 November the Macmillan help desk will be here from 9.30-12.00 noon. Drop in for help and advice about the support offered by Macmillan Cancer Support.
Community coffee mornings
On Wednesday 7 November meet members of Alsager Ladies Lifeboat Guild and discover the work they do and how you could help this charity.
Pop in for a chat with Local Councillor Martin Deakin about any concerns you have regarding your area on Wednesdays 7 and 21 November. Plus, meet members of Alsager U3A and find out about the various activities on offer through this organisation.
Drop in for a chat with Nat West Community Banker, Jane Hitchen, about any banking matters on Wednesday 7 and Saturday 24 November.
Find out more about the services offered by Guinness Care Services on Wednesday 14 November.
Pop in for a chat with a representative from Alsager Community Support Centre on Wednesday 21 November and find out about the help and advice they offer. Plus, discover if you could help Beanstalk provide one-to-one reading assistance in schools.
Alsager Arts Association exhibition
From Saturday 17 until Friday 30 November we are hosting an exhibition and sale by members of Alsager Arts Association. Come along to view the paintings and maybe purchase one - or two. Available to view in our meeting room when not in use during open hours.
Cheshire East Countryside Rangers
On Tuesday 20 November at 2.00-3.00pm enjoy A Day in the Life of a Countryside Ranger - a talk by Rangers Alistair and Cal. Tickets £2 in advance. Refreshments available before the talk.
Sam Maxfield crafts
On Saturday 24 November at 10.30-12.00 noon come and join local author Sam Maxfield for a Krampus craft session, making masks and christmas cards. £2 per child. Booking essential as places are limited. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Strange Meeting performance
On Tuesday 27 November at 2.00pm we have a performance of Strange Meeting, a play by Keith Plant about the life of war poet Wilfred Owen. Tickets £3.50 in advance.
Christmas coffee morning
Join us on Wednesday 28 November between 10.00 and 12.00 noon and enjoy a mince pie with your tea or coffee, while you compare notes on how your preparations for Christmas are going.
New to computers? Alsager Library offers the help of an IT Buddy. Please contact the library for further details and to book a 1-hour slot for £2.50.
Alsager Library on Facebook
Activities at Alsager Library
- Fifty Shades of Colour - 2.00-4.00pm - weekly. Adult colouring club. 50p, including refreshments
- Rhymetime for pre-schoolers - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Adult Short Story Group - 11.00am - 12.00 noon - meets on first Tuesday of the month. Free. Next date is 6 November
- Craft Group - 2.00-4.00pm - alternate Tuesdays. Bring your own craft to work on while you enjoy a hot drink and crafty conversation. Next dates are 13 and 27 November
- Mysteries and Thrillers Book Group - 2.30pm - Monthly. Free. Refreshments available. Next date is 13 November
- Coffee morning - 10.00am - 12.00 noon - weekly. Hosted by the Friends of the Library. Look out for details of special community guests each month
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - weekly. Free; no need to book. Come and make a model
- Alsager Memory Cafe - 10.30am-12.30pm - monthly on last Friday of each month. Next dates are 26 October and 30 November
- Little Bookworms - 10.00am - 10.30am - weekly during term-time only. Stories and music
- Rhymetime for ages 0-18 months - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly, term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Ancestry workshop - call for an appointment - £3.50 for 1-hour session using this online family history resource
- LEGO Club - 10.00-12.00 noon - monthly on first Saturday of the month. Free; no need to book
- Storytime followed by games and jigsaws - 10.30am - monthly on the second Saturday of the month, and on the fourth Saturday in months with five Saturdays. Free; no need to book
- Family rhymetime - 10.30am - monthly on third Saturday of the month. Free; no need to book
- Children's crafts - 10.30-12.00 noon - monthly on the last Saturday of the month. 50p to join in; no need to book
Other organisations in this library
Alsager Chess Club
Want to learn how to play chess? Come along for a lesson with the club on Wednesdays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Free, just drop in.
Alsager Creative Stitchers
The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 2.00pm - 4.00pm for a variety of activities, talks and workshops.
Citizens Advice Bureau
Drop in for help and advice on a range of topics on Tuesdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. No appointments required as the session is run on a first come, first served basis.
Classes take place in the library on Thursday afternoons. Please contact us to confirm dates and times. There is a charge for these classes.
U3A information board
There is an information board in the library with details of contacts and activities.
Adult Yoga Classes on:
- Tuesdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 7.30pm - 9.00pm
There is a charge for these classes. Please contact the library to check the details.