Late May bank holiday
The library will be closed on Monday 27 May for the late May bank holiday.
Building work update
The first floor windows have now been replaced and work will now focus on the windows and porch area at the front of the library. A temporary entrance at the back of the library will be in operation from Monday 13 May. A ramp will be installed to facilitate access, and our regular activities will take place as usual.
We apologise for any inconvenience, and hope to have the front entrance accessible again as soon as possible.
Community coffee morning
On Wednesday 29 May meet members of the Alsager Probus Group and discover if it is something you could become involved with.
On Wednesday 5 June pop in for a chat with members of the Alsager Branch of The Royal British Legion, who will be discussing their activities commemorating the 75th anniversary of the D-Day Landings.
On Wednesdays 12 and 26 June chat with Jane Hitchen, the Nat West community banker, about any banking matters. On 12 June you can also meet representatives from Alsager Community Support Centre.
One You advice desk
Call in from 10.30am on Monday 3 June and discover how One You Cheshire East can help you to start the journey to a healthier you by offering free health programmes.
Apedale Heritage Centre talk
On Wednesday 5 June at 2.30pm Les Mason will be talking about mining in the Apedale area and the Heritage Centre. Tickets £2.00 in advance.
On Wednesday 12 June at 2.00pm local photographer, Geoff Reader, will be giving a fascinating illustrated talk about Snowdonia. Free, but please book as places are limited.
Cheshire Carers Hub advice desk
On Tuesday 18 June take a break and meet other carers or chat to a friendly Carers Support Worker. No need to book - just drop in between 1.00 and 3.00pm for a cuppa and a chat.
Library craft group
Join us on Wednesday 26 June at 2.00-3.30pm to learn the art of decoupage and decorate a flowerpot. Tickets £4.00 per person to cover the cost of materials and refreshments. Booking essential.
New to computers? Alsager Library offers the help of an IT Buddy. Please contact the library for further details and to book a 1-hour slot for £2.50.
Alsager Library on Facebook
Activities at Alsager Library
- Fifty Shades of Colour - 2.00-4.00pm - weekly. Adult colouring club. 50p, including refreshments
- Rhymetime for pre-schoolers - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Mysteries and Thrillers Book Group - 2.30pm - Monthly. Free. Refreshments available. Next date is 11 June
- Coffee morning - 10.00am - 12.00 noon - weekly. Hosted by the Friends of the Library. Look out for details of special community guests each month
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - weekly. Free; no need to book. Come and make a model
- Alsager Memory Cafe - 10.30am-12.30pm - monthly on last Friday of each month. Next dates are 24 May and 28 June
- Little Bookworms - 10.00am - 10.30am - weekly during term-time only. Stories and music
- Rhymetime for ages 0-18 months - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly, term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Ancestry workshop - call for an appointment - £3.50 for 1-hour session using this online family history resource
- Saturday children's events - various activities are held on Saturdays. For more details, please phone the Library on 01270 375325 or check our Facebook page. Children must be accompanied by an adult
Other organisations in this library
Alsager Chess Club
Want to learn how to play chess? Come along for a lesson with the club on Wednesdays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Free, just drop in.
Alsager Creative Stitchers
The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 2.00pm - 4.00pm for a variety of activities, talks and workshops. Next date is 4 June
Citizens Advice Bureau
Drop in for help and advice on a range of topics on Tuesdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. No appointments required as the session is run on a first come, first served basis.
Macmillan Support help desk
On Mondays at 9.30-12.00 noon you can pop in for a chat with David and learn more about the help and support offered by Macmillan. Please check with the library to confirm dates.
Classes take place in the library on Thursday afternoons. Please contact us to confirm dates and times. There is a charge for these classes.
U3A information board
There is an information board in the library with details of contacts and activities.
Adult Yoga Classes on:
- Tuesdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 7.30pm - 9.00pm
There is a charge for these classes. Please contact the library to check the details.