One World Week display
Pop into the library between Monday 17 and Saturday 29 September to view this display highlighting One World Week in our meeting room.
Community coffee morning
On Wednesday 19 September, meet members of the local U3A and find out more about Cheshire East Carers Hub, a new information and support service designed to help carers fulfil their responsibilites whilst enjoying a healthy lifestyle outside their caring role.
Have bike, will travel
Hear about cycling adventures from the UK to the Alps, Norway. Morocco and more on Tuesday 25 September at 7.00pm, in this entertaining and interesting talk by cyclist Dave Joynson. Tickets £2.00; please book in advance.
New to computers? Alsager Library offers the help of an IT Buddy. Please contact the library for further details and to book a 1-hour slot for £2.50.
Alsager Library on Facebook
Activities at Alsager Library
- Fifty Shades of Colour - 2.00-4.00pm - weekly. Adult colouring club. 50p, including refreshments
- Rhymetime for pre-schoolers - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Adult Short Story Group - 11.00am - 12.00 noon - meets on first Tuesday of the month. Free
- Ancestry workshop - call for an appointment - £3.50 for 1-hour session using this online family history resource
- Coffee morning - 10.00am - 12.00 noon - weekly. Hosted by the Friends of the Library. Look out for details of special community guests each month
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - weekly. Free; no need to book. Come and make a model
- Alsager Memory Cafe - 10.30am-12.30pm - monthly on last Friday of each month. Next date is 28 September
- Little Bookworms - 10.00am - 10.30am - weekly during term-time only. Stories and music
- Rhymetime for ages 0-18 months - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly, term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
Other organisations in this library
Alsager Chess Club
Want to learn how to play chess? Come along for a lesson with the club on Wednesdays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Free, just drop in.
Alsager Creative Stitchers
The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 2.00pm - 4.00pm for a variety of activities, talks and workshops.
Citizens Advice Bureau
Drop in for help and advice on a range of topics on Tuesdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. No appointments required as the session is run on a first come, first served basis.
Classes take place in the library on Thursday afternoons. Please contact us to confirm dates and times. There is a charge for these classes.
U3A information board
There is an information board in the library with details of contacts and activities.
Adult Yoga Classes on:
- Tuesdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 7.30pm - 9.00pm
There is a charge for these classes. Please contact the library to check the details.