Community coffee mornings
On Wednesday 24 July drop in for a chat with a representative from the Stroke Association to discover the risks and risk-prevention advice concerning strokes.
Nat West community banker
Chat to Jane, the Nat West Community Banker, about any banking matters on Monday 29 July between 11.00am and 1.00pm.
New to computers? Alsager Library offers the help of an IT Buddy. Please contact the library for further details and to book a 1-hour slot for £2.50.
Alsager Library on Facebook
Activities at Alsager Library
- Fifty Shades of Colour - 2.00-4.00pm - weekly. Adult colouring club. 50p, including refreshments
- Rhymetime for pre-schoolers - 10.00-10.30am - weekly. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Mystery and Thriller Book Group - 2.30pm - monthly on the second Tuesday of each month. Free. Come along for an interesting and entertaining chat about the authors you love, and discover new authors to try. Refreshments available
- Coffee morning - 10.00am - 12.00 noon - weekly. Hosted by the Friends of the Library. Look out for details of special community guests each month
- LEGO Club - 3.30-4.30pm - weekly. Free; no need to book. Come and make a model
- Alsager Memory Cafe - 10.30am-12.30pm - monthly on last Friday of each month. Next date is 26 July
- Little Bookworms - 10.00am - 10.30am - weekly during term-time only. Stories and music
- Rhymetime for ages 0-18 months - 2.00-2.30pm - weekly, term time only. Children must be accompanied by a parent or carer
- Ancestry workshop - call for an appointment - £3.50 for 1-hour session using this online family history resource
- Saturday children's events - we hold various children's activities on Saturday mornings. Please check our Facebook page or contact the library for further details
Other organisations in this library
Alsager Chess Club
Want to learn how to play chess? Come along for a lesson with the club on Wednesdays between 10.00am and 12.00 noon. Free, just drop in.
Alsager Creative Stitchers
The group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 2.00pm - 4.00pm for a variety of activities, talks and workshops
Citizens Advice Bureau
Drop in for help and advice on a range of topics on Tuesdays between 9.00am and 12.00 noon. No appointments required as the session is run on a first come, first served basis.
Macmillan Support help desk
On Mondays at 9.30-12.00 noon you can pop in for a chat with David and learn more about the help and support offered by Macmillan. Please check with the library to confirm dates.
Classes take place in the library on Thursday afternoons. Please contact us to confirm dates and times. There is a charge for these classes.
U3A information board
There is an information board in the library with details of contacts and activities.
Adult Yoga Classes on:
- Tuesdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 10.30am - 11.30am
- Thursdays 7.30pm - 9.00pm
There is a charge for these classes. Please contact the library to check the details.