Christmas and New Year opening hours
The library will be closed for Christmas from Saturday 24 December until Tuesday 27 December inclusive. Normal opening hours will resume on Wednesday 28 December. The library will also be closed on Saturday 31 December for New Year.
Computer lessons for beginners
Need help setting up an email account or getting online? Struggling with a digital device? We offer free 1-hour sessions to anyone wanting help with digital technology, whether on smartphones, tablets, laptops or PCs. Booking is essential.
Online family history
If you'd like to find out how you can trace your family tree online, book a 1-hour lesson and we can show you how to use Ancestry, Find My Past and other online resources on the library computers. £3.00; please book in advance.
Read all about it!
We now have The Times newspaper available Tuesday to Thursday, and Saturday mornings. Plus, The Knutsford Guardian available every Thursday.
Limited services available on Tuesday afternoons
Please note that on Tuesday afternoons the library is run by volunteers, and is only open for limited services. If you would like to join the library, use the public computers, or need services such as renewing a Blue Badge please visit at another time when a member of library staff is available.
Alderley Edge Library on Facebook
Activities at Alderley Edge Library
- Rhymetime - 10.00 - 10.30am - weekly. Songs and fun for pre-school children. Free; no need to book
- Story and Chat - 11.00 - 12.00 noon - monthly on the first Wednesday of the month. Share your book recommendations and have a chat over refreshments, followed by a reading of a short story or poem
- Lego Club - 3.30 - 5.00pm - weekly. A free, drop-in activity for kids of all ages, with both Lego and Duplo available to play with
- Stories and Songs - 10.00 - 10.30am - weekly. Stories, rhymes and activities for pre-school children and their grown-ups. Great for active toddlers – sitting is optional! Free; no need to book in advance
- Lego Club - 9.30 - 12.20pm - weekly. A free, drop-in activity for kids of all ages, with both Lego and Duplo available to play with
Other organisations in this library
Councillor Browne surgery
Councillor Browne will hold his surgery in the library on the last Saturday of the month between 11.00am and 12.00 noon.
Police Community Support Officer surgery
The local PCSO will be in the library once a month. Next date is 15 December.
A reading group meets in the library on the last Thursday of every month at 3.30-4.30pm.
Page last reviewed: 05 December 2022
Thank you for your feedback.