Help with Homework
This list is made up of reliable sites to help with your homework.
The list is compiled by Cheshire East Council but it accepts no responsibility for the content of the external sites.
S = Subscription service brought to you free of charge by Cheshire Libraries.
- Access to Research S Available only in libraries. Over 1.5 million academic articles from over 8,400 journals and papers
- BBC Bitesize Links, worksheets and revision guides suitable for KS1, KS2, KS3 and GCSE
- British Newspaper Archive S Millions of pages from British and Irish newspapers, including 1000s from the Victorian period, WW1 and WW2. Visit the library to register for free. Only available to use via a library computer, although saved searches can be accessed on any device
- Heritage Explorer Over 10,000 images for learning from Historic England
- Heritage Schools learning platform Resources for teachers and case studies. Free to register and use; enrolment key is NW15
- Heritage Schools on Vimeo How-to guides from Historic England
- Issues S Covers wide range of useful topics for projects on contemporary social issues
- Newsbank S Articles from local and national newspapers and business journals, covering the last 5-25 years. Includes hot topics and special reports
- Public Information Online S Parliamentary and key non-Parliamentary publications covering the whole of the UK. Includes a Bill Tracker and the Civil Service Yearbook
- Super Summary Study guides for a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles
- Very Short Introductions from Oxford University Press. S Topics include Art, Maths, Politics, Management and Drugs
- World War One Archive S Available in libraries only 100 official Government documents relating to WW1 from TSO. PDFs can be downloaded and printed
See also the resources on our Arts, History, Places and Science pages.
- DK Eyewitness S Collection of key titles, part of Credo Reference
- World Book Discover S Content and tools for anyone who has difficulty reading English, whether due to language or learning difficulties. Multimedia content, activities, and a text-to-speech facility
- World Book Kids S General reference for 6-10 year olds. Colourful and simple navigation, videos, illustrations, maps, games and activities
- World Book Science Power S Engaging and visually rich content aimed at upper primary school children, with self-tests for each topic
- World Book Student S Articles, multimedia content, learning resources, features, news and a current events quiz
- Credo Reference S Over 850 ready reference books covering over 100 topics, including DK Eyewitness titles, dictionaries and encyclopedias, field guides and animations, videos and images
- Oxford English Dictionary S Full text of multi volume English dictionary