Jobs, careers and skills information sites
We think you will find the following links useful, but please note that Cheshire East Council accepts no responsibility for external sites or their contents.
S = Subscription service brought to you free of charge by Cheshire Libraries.
Careers guidance and job searching
- Careers Gateway How to launch a career and evaluate options; virtual career show,quizzes and advice for HR professionals
- Cheshire East jobs, careers and volunteering Careers information, including apprenticeships, volunteering, work experience, graduate programme and vacancies
- Find a job Help from Gov.UK for anyone needing a job, training, carers, childcare or voluntary work. Formerly Universal Jobmatch
- Jobs and Careers Magazine Jobs and information on training and education
MyWorkSearch S Job search and training tool for jobseekers that provides support for all aspects of looking for and securing a new job, and helps with day to day search activities. Registration is free, but you'll need to sign up from a library computer first. Once you've registered you will be able to use MyWorkSearch from any computer.
- National Careers Service Information, advice and guidance to help make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. Includes a Skills Health Check and a CV Builder, as well as information on redundancy, returning to work and working overseas
- Prospects Careers, courses and job opportunities for graduates
- Working, jobs and pensions Information from Gov.UK
CVs, covering letters and interviews
- Prince's Trust Operates an Enterprise Programme providing money and support to help young people start up in business
- Shell LiveWire Helps 16-30 year olds to start and develop their business
Other relevant sites
- Equality and Human Rights Commission In case of discrimination
- FutureLearn Free online courses from top universities and specialist organisations on a wide variety of subjects and skills areas
- Incomes Data Services Independent research organisation providing information on pay and conditions, employment law and personnel matters
- I Resign Useful advice for those intending to resign from their job; selection of resignation letters. Provides links to jobfinder sites and a career guide service
- Online Plus from Learn My Way is designed to give you confidence to find and apply for jobs or create a CV online, as well as shopping and socialising online
See also our Business and Enterprise page.