Friends of The Moor
The Friends of the Moor are a group of people in Knutsford who have volunteered to work together to promote the use of the Moor for leisure and recreation. The group provides a link between the local community and the Outdoor Leisure Section of Cheshire East Council.
The group formed a committee in 2005 to exchange ideas, resolve issues and create an implementation plan based on the Park Strategy for The Moor published by the former Macclesfield Borough Council in January 2003.
Their aim is to promote the use of the Moor for leisure and recreation in a clean and safe environment and the Friends worked with Cheshire East Council to submit an application for Green Flag status in 2009.
Meetings are generally on the second Wednesday of the Month at the Knutsford Town Council Offices.
- Litter pick – March - 10.00 to noon. Meet on The Moor - everyone welcome, equipment provided (please help us to keep the Moor a clean and safe place for everyone to enjoy) - download the poster to display (PDF, 171KB)
- Rotary Club Jog – 13 March 2016 - download and display the poster (PDF, 2MB)
- FOTM AGM - Second Wednesday in May at Knutsford Town Council Offices
- Lions Street Fayre - Late May Bank Holiday Monday.
- Picnic ( date to be confirmed) - For members of the Stanley Centre and their carers, but may be widened to include people who have helped look after the Moor during the year and other groups
- Longridge Funday - July
- National Playday - August 2pm to 4pm
- Litter pick - Sunday in September, (date to be confirmed)
- Bulb planting - Friday in October (date to be confirmed)
- Green Flag Raising and Picnic - October (date to be confirmed)
- Christmas Markets Reindeer and Lantern Walk - December (date to be confirmed)
- Knutsford Great Race, Every 10 years, next one being 2020 !