Culture, heritage and events
Cheshire East Council’s goal for Culture is to transform lives and places through access to great culture. Find out more about the Council's priorities for culture in the Cultural Framework (PDF, 791KB.)
Culture and arts
Services provided include:
- Strategic arts planning and funding
- Arts funding advice
- Networking opportunities - advice and opportunities for exhibitors and performers/special events
- Information for artists, arts organisations and community groups
- Promotion of a range of cultural and community events
- Training and development
Heritage and museums
Cheshire East has a rich cultural heritage with many links to the past. Find out more about Cheshire's Roman and medieval remains, and the impact of the Industrial Revolution on and local silk and salt production through a range of museums:
Do your own research into local or family history with the help of these resources:
Discover more about the past at these heritage centres:
Find a range of National Trust and English Heritage properties, gardens and parks in Cheshire East
Crewe Town Centre Regeneration Programme
Cheshire East Council is advancing plans for Crewe to be the location of a new state-of-the art history centre to co-host the region’s archive. More information is on the Crewe History Centre page.
The council is also a proud contributor to the Crewe Cultural Strategy, which seeks to support regeneration and put culture and heritage at the heart of a newly invigorated Crewe town centre. More information and a copy of the strategy can be found by on the Crewe Town Centre Regeneration Programme page.
A range of events take place across Cheshire East throughout the year, attracting visitors to the area.
Advice and guidance on events
For more information on arts, heritage and events contact us on the details below:
- Cultural Economy Manager Tel: 01270 686089
- Cultural Economy Development Manager Tel: 01270 686090 / 686915
- Events Manager Tel: 01270 686785 / 07834 342979