Children's social care recruitment in Cheshire East
Social Work Student Sponsorship Scheme
Our Student Sponsorship Scheme is open to students studying a Social Work Degree course who:
- are about to start their third year of study
- are looking for a statutory placement supporting children and families as part of their degree course
- wish to take up the offer of employment on completion of their placement and success in their degree course.
The scheme gives you the opportunity to extend your theoretical knowledge and gain practical experience in children's social work.
What you will do during the placement
Your placement will be varied and could include:
- case holding (with supervision) a number of children with varying complex needs
- experience of undertaking and writing assessments
- attending meetings including child in need meetings, PLO meetings and Child Protection conferences and reviews
- direct work with children and families etc
All training will be undertaken under the guidance of a work based supervisor and a practice educator and you would have the support of your colleagues and practice manager. You will also have the opportunity to network within Cheshire East and to participate in Multi-Agency meetings.
A £2000 bursary will be paid in the October of the third and final year of the degree course. he bursary is repayable in full if the offer of a work placement with Cheshire East Council Children and Families service is not successfully completed.
There is a guaranteed offer of employment at the end of the placement which is dependent on successful completion of the placement and of the social work degree course.
You will be based at Macclesfield Town Hall, Delamere House, Crewe or Cledford House, Middlewich in a Children and Families Social Work Team.
Hours of work are 37 hours per week, worked in accordance with Cheshire East flexible working hours scheme.
During the work placement you will be given the following support:
- Occasional User Mileage allowance for mileage accrued in connection with your day to day role. (Home to work mileage is not included),
- expenses necessarily incurred in undertaking duties on behalf of Cheshire East Council
- support from a Practice Educator
- support from a work based supervisor
- support from a line manager
In return you will be expected to meet the requirements for the role which are set out in the Job Description and Person Specification, you can view these under the ‘current vacancy’
If you wish to be considered after reading the placement terms and condition, please apply via the ‘Current Vacancy’.