Vulnerable and older people's housing strategy
Aims of strategy
Cheshire East is committed to improving housing and support options for vulnerable and older persons within the Borough. The principle aims of the strategy are to:
- Map the current picture of accommodation supply and demand by different vulnerable groups to establish the landscape of vulnerable and older persons housing within the Borough.
- Use this information as a basis for developing a better model of accommodation and support provision across all vulnerable client groups to inform commissioning decisions.
- Integrate effective and appropriate housing into a multi-disciplinary and cross-agency approach for improving well-being for vulnerable people.
- Provide an evidence base to inform planning decisions and emergent policies, ensuring that the strategy’s priorities are reflected in the accommodation constructed and the support services commissioned.
There are many vulnerable and older people with varied needs. Many individuals have complex or multiple needs, and may present to numerous departments and functions throughout their service journeys. This strategy concerns a number of vulnerable groups, though acknowledges throughout that there is often substantial cross-over between these groups. The draft strategy covers the following client groups:
- Older People
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health Issues
- Cared for Children and Care Leavers
- Drug and Alcohol Issues
- Physical and Sensory Disabilities
- Domestic Abuse
Please download The Vulnerable and Older Persons Housing Strategy (PDF, 1.7MB)
Any further queries can be emailed to: email@example.com