Affordable warmth grant
Costs covered by the affordable warmth grant
75% of the cost of the work, up to £2,000.
What you can get help with
- heating and hot water repairs
- boiler replacements
- installing a heating system or appliance, such as an extra radiator, gas fire, or central heating system
Who can get the affordable warmth grant
You must be a homeowner and lived in your home for at least one year.
If you receive any of these benefits, you will qualify:
- income support
- income based job seeker's allowance
- pension credit guarantee
- income related employment and support allowance
- universal credit
- child tax credit or working tax credit with an assessable income of no more than £15,050
- war disablement pension
- armed forces compensation scheme guaranteed income payment
- armed forces independence payment.
If you are receiving treatment for any of the following health conditions and are on a low income (£16,000 or less for a single person household, or £20,000 or less if there is more than one person) and have savings of less than £8,000, you will qualify:
- chronic respiratory disease (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD ), emphysema, chronic bronchitis, severe asthma)
- chronic cardiovascular disease (such as heart disease or a stroke)
- terminal illness
- mental ill health
How to apply for the affordable warmth grant
Complete the Help with Heating enquiry form or contact the Housing Standards and Adaptations team.