Affordable warmth grant
Costs covered by the affordable warmth grant
75% of the cost of the work, up to £2,000.
What you can get help with
- heating and hot water repairs
- boiler replacements
- installing a heating system or appliance, such as an extra radiator, gas fire, or central heating system
- insulation (such as cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, room in roof insulation, underfloor insulation, or flat roof insulation)
- Low carbon heating and hot water solutions (such as heat pump or solar panels)
Who can get the affordable warmth grant
You must be a homeowner over the age of 18.
You will qualify if:
- You need help with your financial contribution to another energy efficiency funding scheme that you qualify for (such as Energy Company Obligation, Flexible Eligibility, Green Homes Grant etc), OR
- You are unable to return home from hospital until a working heating system is in place, OR
- You have an illness that means you are 'clinically extremely vulnerable' to Covid-19 as defined by the NHS.
How to apply for the affordable warmth grant
Complete the Help with Heating enquiry form or contact the Housing Standards and Adaptations team.