Affordable warmth grant
Costs covered by the affordable warmth grant
75% of the cost of the work, up to £2,000.
What you can get help with
- heating and hot water repairs
- boiler replacements
- installing a heating system or appliance, such as an extra radiator, gas fire, or central heating system
- insulation (such as cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, room in roof insulation, underfloor insulation, or flat roof insulation)
Who can get the affordable warmth grant
You must be a homeowner over the age of 18.
You will qualify if:
- Your household income is less than £31,000, AND your household savings are less than £23,250, OR
- You are unable to return home from hospital until a working heating system is in place, OR
- You have an illness that means you are 'clinically extremely vulnerable' to Covid-19 as defined by the NHS.
How to apply for the affordable warmth grant
Complete the Help with Heating enquiry form or contact the Housing Standards and Adaptations team.
0300 123 5017 (select option 4)
Page last reviewed: 20 September 2022
Thank you for your feedback.