Disability Relocation Grant
A grant to help disabled people move to a more suitable property
How much is the grant?
Up to £2,000.
What can I get help with?
You can get help towards reasonable moving costs:
- professional removal costs
- disconnection and reconnection of household appliances
- removal and reinstallation of disability equipment
Am I eligible for this grant?
To qualify for this grant, the following criteria apply:
- you must be unable to afford the full cost of the removal costs. This will be established using a Test of Resources (means test).
- the property you are moving from must be in Cheshire East (although the property you are moving to doesn't necessarily have to be in Cheshire East)
- the property you are moving to must be better suited to your needs.
How can I apply?
Contact the Occupational Therapy Referral and Advice team on 0300 123 5010 option 2 to request an assessment.
You can contact the Care and Repair service for more information about this grant.