Eligibility for Housing Assistance
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible for housing assistance if you have lived continuously in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for at least the last 5 years or are habitually resident. You must also be one of the following:
- A British citizen
- A citizen of a country from the European Economic Area
- Accredited with immigration status giving you the right to reside in the UK
- You are also eligible for housing assistance if you live outside the UK, and:
- Are a national of a country from the European Economic Area and have “Worker” status; or the “Right to Reside” in the UK
- Are eligible to claim a state benefit (also known as “Public Funds”)
If you do not meet these criteria advice and assistance will be given about the help available from other agencies.