Nantwich highway improvement scheme
We have been working to deliver highway improvements in Nantwich and will be returning under a full road closure to upgrade the zebra crossing on Crewe Road on 15 and 22 September 2018. The work will improve pedestrian and road safety in the area.
A further road closure between Crewe Road Roundabout and London Road Roundabout will be necessary for resurfacing and lining works to take place. This road closure will commence on the 25 September until 1 October 2018.
We understand that there is no right time to undertake this work in such a key through route as Crewe Road, Nantwich. We have carefully planned the work on the weekend to try to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and members of the travelling public. Delays are to be expected.
What we are doing
Crewe Road – Zebra Crossing Upgrade
The works are programmed to be carried over 2 days under a full road closure, between Saturday 15 and Saturday 22 September 2018. Works to upgrade the current zebra crossing on Crewe Road will take place between 07:00 and 17:00 on both saturdays.
See diversion route .
London Road & Crewe Road Roundabout – Resurfacing and Re-lining
Resurfacing and re-lining works will be taking place between London Road and Crewe Road Roundabout from 25 September until 1 October between 09:30-15:30.
Information for road users
- Road closures are necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce whilst we complete the most complex aspects of the scheme
- Weekend works are planned where possible to ensure weekday disruption is kept to a minimum
- Where road closures are in place, diversion routes will be signed to assist in the movement of traffic while works progress
- Local businesses remain open as usual
- Access to properties will be maintained and coordinated by our team onsite
- Delays are expected and motorists should plan journeys accordingly