London Road, Holmes Chapel – crossing conversion
We are working to convert crossings in Holmes Chapel. The work to convert the zebra crossing to a puffin crossing on London Road started on 24 July 2018 until 5 August 2018.
In order for the work to take place safely, a series of one way road closures and full road closures will be in place during these works.
We understand that there is no right time to undertake this work in such a key location as Holmes Chapel. We have carefully planned the work to take place during the school summer holidays to try to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and members of the travelling public.
When it will happen
The work will be carried out in five stages as follows:
- Installation of cables for a new puffin crossing – a one-way closure (Northbound) will be in place at all times from 24 July until 1 August - diversion route will be signed
- Carriageway resurfacing – full road closure between 16:00-23:00 on 29 July – diversion route will be signed.
- Installation of new cabling and puffin crossing equipment – a one-way closure (Northbound) will be in place at all times from 31 July until 4 August - diversion route will be signed.
- Cutting carriageway for cabling for new crossing – full road closure between 19:00-22:00 on 31 July - diversion route will be signed
- Patching works and lining works – full road closure between 16:00-23:00 on 5 August – diversion route will be signed.
Location of the work
Information for road users
- Local businesses remain open as usual.
- Emergency vehicle and pedestrian access will be maintained at all times
- Delays are expected and motorists should plan journeys accordingly
- View alternate routes on our online roadworks map