Handforth highways works
B5358 Wilmslow Road, Handforth – Highways Improvement Works
We are installing a new shared footpath along the B5358 Wilmslow Road, between the A555 Wilmslow Roundabout and the B5094 Stanley Road.
The aim of the scheme is to improve the existing walking and cycling route along the B5358 Wilmslow Road, Handforth. This will be from the village centre in the area of The Paddock, northwards, and will link in with existing provision alongside the A555.
We understand there is no right time to undertake this work and the scheme has been carefully planned to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and members of the travelling public.
What is happening and when
The second phase of improvement works start on Monday 08 January 2023 for 7 weeks. Works include the widening of the footway for cyclists and pedestrians, as well as resurfacing works, the installation of new drainage, kerbing, refreshed road markings, and the installation of additional traffic calming measures.
The road will be closed 24-hours a day for the duration of the works.
- Those who are directly impacted by these works will be informed
- Emergency vehicle access is being facililated through the closures
- The traffic management and road closures are necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce
- Local businesses remain open
- Delays are expected and motorists should plan journeys accordingly
- Please ensure that no vehicles are parked along the road
- A safe pedestrian walkway will be in place for the duration of the scheme
- Cyclists access will be maintained through the closure
Proposed traffic management
The road closure is necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce. A safe pedestrian walkway will be in place for the duration of the scheme. Cyclists access will be maintained, and a suitable diversion route will be provided for the duration of the road closure.
All roadworks, closures and diversions are displayed online on our roadworks map
Page last reviewed: 29 November 2023
Thank you for your feedback.