Drainage Improvement Works – Second Dig Lane and A51 London Road Stapeley
What we are doing
We will be carrying out drainage improvement works along Second Dig Lane and A51 London Road Stapeley which will take approximately 30 days to complete, commencing from 4 January 2021.
When it is happening
The works are programmed to begin on Second Dig Lane from Monday 4 January 2021 to Sunday 14 February 2021 under a road closure between the hours of 08:00 – 17:00 excluding weekends.
The second phase of the works (A51 London Road) will be begin from the 1 February 2021 under 2 way temporary traffic signals and will involve weekend working.
Please note that occasionally the works have to be changed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances such as adverse weather conditions or logistics.
Under current Health and Safety legislation and for the safety of our workforce and members of the public, it will be necessary for a road closure to be in place during the works.
Information for road users
- Road closures are necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce.
- Where road closures are in place, diversion routes will be signed to assist in the movement of traffic while works progress.
- Local businesses remain open as usual.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times during the closure (blue lights only)
- All roadworks, closures and diversions associated with the project are displayed online on the One Network map.
We understand that there is no right time to undertake these works which have been carefully planned to try to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and members of the travelling public. Delays are to be expected.