Bunbury Common West - Culvert Replacement
As part of our continual general maintenance and improvement, essential works have been identified on Bunbury Common, Tarporley. The works will provide a new culverted watercourse, which runs beneath the carriageway.
In order for the works to take place safely, a 24-hour road closure is in place on Bunbury Common between the junction of College Lane/Tilstone Bank Lane and Bowe’s Gate Road and started on 24 July 2023, for approximately 14 weeks.
The works are essential to restore and maintain the culvert and will involve the replacement of the entire structure.
We understand that there is no right time to undertake these works, and they have been planned to try to minimise disruption to residents, businesses and members of the travelling public.
There is a signed diversion in place and members of the travelling public are advised to follow this. Alternatively, a breakdown of the full diversion route can be found on one.network.
Due to the nature of the works, pedestrians and cyclists can not gain access through the closure and need to follow the diversion routes in place.
- Those who are directly impacted by these works have been informed by letter
- Emergency access is not maintained due to the nature of the works. Emergency services are aware of the closure and the diversion arrangements in place.
- The road closure is necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce
- Diversion routes are in place and signed to assist in the movement of traffic while works progress
- Local businesses remain open and access will be facilitated where possible via diversion routes
- Delays are expected and motorists should plan journeys
- No pedestrian/cyclist access due to the restricted nature of the site and high risk activities
Page last reviewed: 05 July 2023
Thank you for your feedback.