A54 Buxton Road, Congleton – Resurfacing
We are carrying out road resurfacing along Buxton Road in Congleton to improve the condition of the road. The works will take approximately 18 consecutive days to complete and commenced on 10 August 21.
We understand there is no right time to undertake this work however, the scheme has been carefully planned during school holidays to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and members of the travelling public.
The work will take place in phased sections as detailed below:
||From Havanah Lane To Buxton Old Rd (South Jnc)
||From St. Johns to Bridge Row
||Works ongoing until 20 Aug
||From Bridge Row to RAB
||Saturday 21 - Saturday 28 Aug
Entry points will vary during each phase. The road will be closed with no through route in the closure points during the below hours:
- Weekdays, 08:00 – 17:00
- Weekends, 08:00 – 18:00
Buxton Road will reopen on Sunday 29 August and Monday 30 August to allow for bank holiday travel.
The road will then be closed again between 08:00 and 17:00 from Tuesday 31 August to Friday 03 September from the Church House Inn to Middle Lane, Buglawton, to finalise resurfacing works. Lining works will then be completed on Sunday 05 and Monday 06 September between the hours of 19:00 – 23:00.
Under current Health & Safety legislation and for the safety of our workforce and members of the public, it will be necessary for a road closure to be in place during the works.
Access to your property or business
We aim to minimise disruption to local residents and business owners whilst we deliver these improvements. If you have any specific access requirements, please raise these with our on site supervisor at the earliest opportunity.
Unfortunately there will be occasions when residential and business access will be restricted as your safety and the safety of our workforce is our main priority.
Local businesses remain open as usual however, points of access will vary during the works as detailed in the above phases.
There is a signed diversion in place and members of the public are advised to follow this. Alternatively, a breakdown of the full diversion route can be found here: https://one.network/?tmi=GB20906757
- A letter drop has taken place and those who are directly impacted by these works have been informed, this letter can not grant you access through the closure at all times as access points will be restricted for safety reasons.
- Emergency vehicle access are being facilitated through the closure.
- The road closure is necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce whilst we complete the most complex aspects of the scheme
- Diversion routes are in place and signed to assist in the movement of traffic while works progress
- Local businesses remain open and access will be facilitated where possible via diversion routes.
- Delays are expected and motorists should plan journeys accordingly